Monday, 27 January 2014

Happy Lunar New Year

The Lunar New Year falls on February 1st. It's the year of the Horse. We've been invited by our dear friends to celebrate this auspicious day with them at their home in Oporto. There will be loads of lovely Chinese goodies. Yes, I am a greedy girl who is bursting with anticipation!

We'll  load up the wagon and head north bright and early on Saturday. Oporto is about 320km (200 miles) and we usually make the trip in a little 3 hours. Since there'll be unlimited feasting, I'll skip breakfast.... and oh, it's only polite a make a little card for them, right?

Here's a skinny tall card with  some gorgeous origami papers from my stash.
I've had these papers for ages.  They are so delicate and luxurious with the
gold accents... perfect for the Lunar New Year. I also added some vellum,
embossed with Swiss Dots folder. And since it's the New Year, there's lots of
bling and some red ribbon for good luck.

The lanterns and sentiment are from WMS Asian GardenAdditions set.  I stamped
the lanterns with Versacolor Cardinal; The black accents and sentiment with
Versafine Black Onyx. The lanterns were adhered with 3mm, 2mm and 1mm foam
tape. I inked the sentiment with TH Barn Door.  

Here's the inside. Just had to stamp another lantern!

I'm celebrating the Lunar New Year with these good folks:


Mojo Monday #330: Tall & Skinny Sketch - 3-1/5" x 6" card
Make It Monday #176: AG
Make My Monday: Eastern Promise
Eureka Stamps #74: AG
The Ribbon Girl: AG + Ribbon
The Squirrel & The Fox #62: Use Embellishments - ribbon & bling
Artistic Inspiration #76: Animal / AG - AG

It's the last week of the month...can you believe that?! The good news is: pay day is around the corner... and that's my silver lining! I hope you are filled with happy thoughts today too. Thanks for stopping by.

Beijinhos!

30 comments:

  1. Hi Asha what a beautiful celebration card. Have a wonderful time with your friends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wunderschöne Karten
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  3. sound like you have a fun weekend ahead! I love the vellum embossed with the dots, great little extra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a fab time Asha, you made me hungry just reading this LOL fab card as well huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Asha and I am sure your hosts will love it. Do hope you have a safe journey and a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun! I just love those little lanterns! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a fabulous card, Asha, love the papers and those wonderful lanterns! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding!! Your friends will LOVE it!

    I'm jealous! : ) I love Chinese food too. Have a blast!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful Asha, have a wonderful time and safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Asha, the lanterns looks so cool with the embossed vellum and pretty paepr :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your friends are going to be thrilled to bits with your card It is beautiful . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining us at MMM with this delightful card. have a fun week end.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this! I miss celebrating CNY in Vancouver - it is such a bright & joyous time, and yum, all those treats....gorgeous origami papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is quite a wonderful card! TFS!

    kReN
    afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card. Love the colourful lanterns.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha, This is marvelous! Wish I had good friends and an excuse to celebrate Chinese New Year. :-D Love the way the papers worked so well on this card. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous sweetie, hope you didn't fill your tummy up too much with all that lovely food. I am only jealous. Lol!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, thank you for joining us this week at make my monday

    ReplyDelete
  20. They will treasure this beautiful card! have a wonderful time. Visiting from MIM! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card for your friends!!
    Sounds like you'll have a great time! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE this card!! The lanterns pop and the sewn border is great. Saw you on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd like to go on that trip myself, it sounds like you're going to have a great time. Your card is perfect for the occasion, very oriental inspired! Like how you used vellum with bright colors, a wonderful version of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A really lovely card, gorgeous chinese lanterns - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card, thanks for entering it into the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can feel the Orient by your card. Great project! Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Hugs, Maja

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, I love the vellum and stitching. Thank you for joining in at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful colours thanks for joining our challenge this week at artistic inspirations.
    Good luck
    Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very elegant card - love that strip of vellum.

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...