Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Bon Voyage

Just a quick post from me today. A very very very good friend is moving away...to another country. I'm happy for her, of course. Lots of new opportunities, a new job, new home. It's very exciting and I am sure she'll have a great time. But I can't help but feel bummed out for myself. I'll miss our frequent phone calls, lunches, trips to craft fairs, lunches, cake shops, Starbucks, lunches...the list goes on. We eat a lot and talk a lot...mostly about other people. I'll miss her very much.

I made this card and gave it to her yesterday. In a couple of hours she'll be on a plane headed west.


A very simple card. I embossed the background using CB's D'Vine Swirls, adding a touch of 
colour with Promarkersand a little Stickles Stardust.  The hot-air balloons and greeting 
are from Clearly Besotted's Up In The Air set. Inks: Versacolor Scarlet, Turquoise and 
Memento ParisDusk. And to finish: some twine tied in a bow. 

And a simple sentiment on the inside. 

I'm also linking up my card at these challenges:

Make It Monday #176: AG
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: AG with String / Twine
Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge #25: AG
Just Inspirational Challenges: Swirls
Shopping Our Stash #136: Outdoorsy Theme
Brown Sugar #78: Embossing
Dream Valley Challenge #74: No Designer Paper

I hope you're having a beautiful Wednesday. It's cold, wet and dark here today.... yep, it's still winter. Thanks for stopping by and stay warm, my friends!

Beijinhos!



26 comments:

  1. Look at the positive side - road trip! I'm sure she loved your card - thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like my cards and I love your pear Christmas card and the others as well. Your friend will love this card and she is just a skype away. I also love your comment with your pic of your Kitty. Animals are so wonderful and give so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards, love the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Asha your friend will be thinking the same as you. But think of it as a new place to visit & catch up. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww : ( It is hard saying goodbye! I am sure the Lord will send another friend soon! He wouldn't want you missing out on all those lunches! : )

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love the swirls embossing! Great for those hot air balloons! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards...great hot air balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! I love the embossing effect goes great with the theme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cards, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha, I'm so sorry your friend moved away but maybe you can visit her in the future, hope so. :) The embossing folder and balloon images are great companions together on this card. I love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad for you Asha that your friend is leaving but you have a new holiday destination!! She will love this card and very CAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful Asha, I think your friend will love it. So sorry to hear that you friend is moving away, but now you will have a good excuse to go and visit your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so hard when you're trying to balance being happy for your friend with being sad for yourself! I definitely get that. I really love the card - and I hate that your friend will be far away :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    Fabulous card.... My set is still uninked....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so lovely Ashe. Sorry you will be missing your friend. It was me that moved away two years ago and I miss all my friends.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww what a lovely card Asha, so sorry that you will be missing your friend, but it gives you an excuse for a holiday! lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning sweetie,t his is absolutely gorgeous, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous card love it, thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute & chic card. I love yours balloons. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card with a design that fits the occasion perfectly! I like how those colorful hot air balloons sit on the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, love the images you chose. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Cabin Fever challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning creation, thank you for joining us over at MIM, good luck, Kerry DT x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card! love the raised layers and the matching inside. Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...