Thursday, 19 December 2013

Upright Christmas Trees

Almost the end of the week... almost Christmas. Is your tree up yet? Ours has gone up and down more times I care to count. Why? It seems we have adopted an arborist whose singular mission in life is to conduct a careful study of our Christmas tree. I made this card a couple of weeks ago for the doggie fund-raiser, at a time when I was convinced trees stood upright!

Still cruising CAS Blvd, this is as simple as it gets for me. The greeting is a die cut by
Britannia and for the background I did some embossing with the Swiss Dots folder. 
Embellies: red bling, gold star, lashings of Stickles for the tree in the middle and some
Doodlebug Christmas twine.

The trees are from Clearly Besotted's Signature Christmas and Signature Christmas Additions,
stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves, Rich Cocoa and Cottage Ivy.


Taking this card to the following challenges:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #229 - sketch
Make It Monday #171: AG
Cute Card Thursday #300: Celebrations
Milk Coffee Challenge: Any Christmas Creation
Charisma Cardz #49: AG
The Paper Shelter: Christmas AG
CCEE #1359: Oh Christmas Tree
Aud Sentiments #96: Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday: Bling It On


That's all from me today. It's very cold, windy and generally very unpleasant to be outside. Wrap up well, stay indoors and craft on. Me? It's very likely that, later this evening, I'll be picking up baubles and bits of tree from our living room floor. The little minx will be named soon. Thanks for stopping by!

Beijinhos!


23 comments:

  1. I recognise this lovely card Asha! Gorgeous! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trio of trees ! Hope the your tree remains upright x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are becoming a CAS lady! I like that twine, it is a different colour, really great colours. Sounds like you are having fun with your new friend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Asha!! Really love these "upright" trees and the different designs on them too! :) LOL!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet trio of trees Asha. :) The embossed dots look like snow falling and it's great. Hope the weather and tree situation improve. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous ! Simple and clean card as I like ! Bravo ! It's very successful !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !
    Good Christmas and New Year holidays !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Asha, love the upright trees. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the bit of sparkle you added and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the trees and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The the upright trio! The EF looks like falling snow to me and I live the jewel embellies on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear! We've had an arborist like that before!! One of the main reasons our tree is fake!

    Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHA! Arborist! I'll have to remember that when I'm busy staring daggers at whichever of the 4 pets could be the culprit :) I'm not glad yours is taking up the new area of study but you did make me laugh :) When we've had that problem before my husband used fishing line & hooks (like you'd use for hanging plants) to wrap around the trunk & secure to the wall/ceiling. Then only ornaments were studied up close.
    LOVE the patterns on those trees - and the gorgeous clean lines of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely, Asha! In case I don't get by to visit again beforehand, Merry Christmas to you and yours. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous CAS Card sweetie
    Christmas Blessings
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Asha :) A couple of days ago U leave a comment on my blog http://beautifulmaryatelier.blox.pl/2013/11/Huge-pumpkin.html#ListaKomentarzy Thank U so much. This is my other blog http://atelierbymary.blogspot.com/ Now U can find button and follow me. Greettings and many inspiring projects. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great looking clean design! I don't have a problem with finding the perfect Christmas tree, because I have a fake one, black with silver, very contemporary but I love it! It's up from December 1, and I put all my calendar gifts underneath it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Major brain fart! How did I miss it yesterday that you used our Tuesday Morning Sketch??
    Thanks for playing along this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful CAS card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these simply shaped trees made so lovely with the pretty papers & colors you selected. Delightfully done. TFS & Merry Christmas. Thanks too, for the beautiful card you were so thoughtful to send to us. We've never had mail from your part of the world...very exciting too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous. Love the papers you've used.
    Thank you for joining us at MilkCoffee Digi Stamps

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card you made and you use a beautiful papers!
    Thank you for joining us at MilkCoffeeChallenge this time :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...