Thursday, 12 December 2013

Season's Greetings

Hello my friends! Hope you're well and staying warm. I haven't been paying much attention to my blog or friends. Life is a little crazy over here...I don't know if I'm coming or going. One thing's for sure, I don't know how to say no. Which is how I ended up making another batch of cards. At least it's for a good cause!

Not terribly imaginative but they'll do when you need to knock up a few in a hurry. Incredibly, I made 5!


This card came together very quickly. The greeting and poinsettia are from Clearly Besotted's Pretty Poinsettia stamps. The greenery is from the Leafy Accents set. I used TH Barn Door to stamp the poinsettia and Peeled Paint for the leaves, which I also used to sponge the SB Deckled Rectangle before stamping the greeting with Memento Tuxedo Black.

With CBS's Coordinating Die I cut the flower and adhered it with thin foam tape...same deal with the greeting. Some stitching, bling, twine and little dots of Stardust Stickles to seal the deal. Can't leave out the sparkle on a Christmas card!

Taking this card to these challenges:

Make It Monday #170: Anything Goes
Happy Camper #25: Christmas
Cute Card Thursday #299: Christmas Catch-up
Delightful Sketches: Red & Green
The Sisterhood Of Crafters: All That Glitters
Inkspirational #45: Photo Inspiration - red, green, white, leaves
Creative Card Crew #51: Holly Or Poinsettia
Paper Minutes #299: Typical Christmas Symbols


That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Christmas preps are going according to plan. Don't ask about mine... sigh!

Beijinhos!

26 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card ,love the CAS design and pretty flower
    Thanks for joining us at MiM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Asha, I like the poinsettia image.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic ! I know what you mean about not being able to say no ! Its all worthwhile in the end x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design Asha. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding the stickles, I am sure this card really sparkles! Love the sentiment and all that stitching! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges, "Red and Green"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again! Thanks for your sweet comments on my tags. I hope you got my e-mail about sending you some : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh naughty me!! I forgot to say I love your card!! I really like seeing sewing on cards.

    Patti : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Asha, now deep breaths! I refuse to stress lol lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - this is fabulous! Love the poinsettia and the fact you made 5! I haven't been near my craft room for over a week now, just am to overwhelmed at the moment. With Andy, working away and Christmas prep to do, it is all just too much. I am doing a little each day and I do have to make some cards this weekend, so hopefully have something to share next week :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous creation there Asha, beautiful work!
    Good to know someone that been to Sukantara Cascade resort in Chiang Mai, isn't that a wonderful place to chill!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you do make it hard for yourself, You could have made it a lot more CAS but then that wouldn't be you! This is a beauty and the big poinsettia stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and to me full of imagination lol....love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really gorgeous sweetie. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful traditional card Asha....love that sentiment. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've captured the colors of the photo beautifully, Asha! And I love the effect of the stitched corners. This is a pretty, traditional Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! I love poinsettias and your stitching and sparkle finish this off perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not going to ask! But I hope you manage to carve out some time to do the things that are important to you, and that you dig yourself out from under everything else :)
    I so love this poinsettia. I don't even know how I've resisted ordering it, but I'm staying strong. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card! I like that big poinsettia and the stitching detail is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are beautiful Asha, I hope you are not running yourself rugged huni. Start to say no and take some time to breathe, relax and recharge xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for showing your beautiful card for paperminutes.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha I'm back again - on my blog it says your Xmas card club is there but when I pop over it takes me here. Am I doing something wrong huni?

    ReplyDelete
  24. So so beautiful Asha!! Love that gorgeous poinsettia image and the twine is perfect! :) I think we may all be in the same boat for leaving comments during this time of year!! No worries my friend! Enjoy the Season! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh So Pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CHRISTMAS SPARKLE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...