Monday, 23 December 2013

Mojo Inspired Sparkle

It's the Eve of Christmas Eve and things are heating up here at Casa Martins. It's icy cold outside but we've got the fire going inside. We spent the last hour or so rearranging our tree....again. Yep the little minx is turning out to be quite the tree climbing ball-basher. (Get that image out of your head! LOL) I have half a dozen broken baubles to try and put together, bits of tree to throw into the fire and somehow reclaim our a dining table which has all but disappeared under wrapping papers, ribbons and unwrapped presents.... I have never been this disorganised. So what do I do?  I make a card, of course!

Here it is:

This really is a super simple card. I'm using pale blue CS to make this 4-1/2"  square card.  The greeting and image is from Clearly Bessotted's Merry Little Christmas set. I stamped the greeting with Memento Blue Danube. The snowflakes are die cut using SB's Create a Flake 5, lightly inked with TH's Broken China for a hint of colour. I coloured the snowman with Promarkers and cut him out with CB's coordinating die collection

Using Versamark ink, I stamped some snowflakes on the background and added a blue bling on the biggest flake. And for texture I cut out some sparkly white fun-foam to make a snowy scene. I really didn't have the time nor the emotional strength to fuss about with buttons and ribbons etc, so this will have to do.  It's my interpretation of this week's Mojo sketch.

I hope you'll join me and my snowman at these challenges:

Mojo Monday #325 - sketch
Make It Monday #171: AG
CHNC #156: Last Minute Card
Hobbycutz #30: AG
The Squirrel & The Fox: Christmas / Hanukkah - Christmas
Cutie Pie Challenge #60: Only Snowmen Allowed
Get Inky #20: Winter Snow
Parade Your Craft #11: Christmas / WInter

That's all from me today. I have a ton of things still to do. Hope you are all warm and cozy and enjoying these last few hours at home and not stuck in traffic or in a queue at the mall! Thank you so much for stopping by and have a  very Merry Christmas. I'll be back tomorrow to reveal the naughty little addition to our family. Got to go...I hear the baubles tinkling... again!

Beijinhos!


19 comments:

  1. Love your card Asha...and having read your tale I'm feeling very organised lol. Have a wonderful time. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card and such a fun and snowy image

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies and merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 156, Asha - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally cute card....merry Christmas!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card Asha!! Love the little snowmand and cool snowbank you created!! Hope your little tree climber behaves :) Have a Fabulous Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little snowman Asha, he's so cute! Have a very Merry Christmas!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cars Asha, he is a really adorable little guy! Merry christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the little terror!! Sweet little card ad cute snowman. All I have to say hon, is at least you have the Turkey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I CAN'T get that image out of my head, and I'm just sitting here snorting! Making a card seems like a better response than my usual "OMG I have so much to do...I'm going to take a nap" Plus it's ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. I saw this on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute sweetie. I wish we still had our little terror. They make a family. Hope you have had the best of Christmas's.

    Christmas Blessings
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely snowman card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenge, cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful - your layout really lets the image stand out.

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun card, great layout and details. Saw it on MIM! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute card....love it even without the ribbons and buttons, which really are not needed. thanks for playing at parade your crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Asha love this card. So glad you joined in over at the hobbycutz challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you're having a great time, lol. Sorry I'm late popping in. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What acute card with a great clean design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, super cute snowman.
    Thank you for joining the Cutie Pies 'Snowman Only' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...