Tuesday, 31 December 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello again, my friends! In a few hours we'll be leaving behind 2013 - the good and the bad. It has been quite a year for us; mostly sad but just enough good to keep on chugging along. In 7 months three of our pets have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. On the remaining two, we've had surgeries to remove tumours, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, spondylosis, accupuncture and a stroke! We've also been blessed with Peanut - a mischievous, energetic little bundle of fur-joy.

We've celebrated an engagement, 3 weddings and 5 christenings. We've witnessed the break-up of 2 marriages and lost a couple of good friends to cancer. So yeah, it has been quite a year! And here we are... leaving all that behind and looking forward to a brand new year.  I am a little apprehensive, but excited. Let's hope it's a good one... with a little less excitement than 2013!

Back to why I set up this blog in the first place.... here's my New Year card. I'm feeling a little oriental.

I made a square card with images and greeting from WMS Asian Gardens Additions set.  I used the raindrops stamp and Memento Dessert Sand for the background. The pink patterned paper panel by Papermaia.

I used Versacolor Orange and Memento Tuxedo Black for the lantern. Teeny tiny embellies: 2 pale pink bling and that thin sheer ribbon given to me by my friend Sandie of London Days
  
I'll be partying along with these good folks:

Mojo Monday #326 - sketch
Make It Monday #172: AG
The Squirrel and The Fox #60: AG
Waltzing Mouse Fanatics #8: Colours
CAS-ual Friday #124: Happy New Year
Fan-Tastic Tuesday #16: Happy New Year
Tuesday Morning Sketches #130: AG
Keep It Simple #30: AG
Card Mania Challenge #37: Happy New Year
Speedy Fox Challenge #192: Happy New Year
Scrapbook PhD #5: AG

And with that, my friends, I leave you with my sincere wishes that you and your loved ones will have the best ever year with much blessing of good health, good fortune and good friends.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Beijinhos





32 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Asha! Happy New Year to you! I, too, hope that 2014 will hold more peace, love and happiness and less of the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Asha good way to start off the New Year. Hope 2014 is going to be kinder to you. See you again on MIM.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely New Year's card Asha - love the raindrop background (that's a lot of lining up of that little stamp - nice job!!) Super colors with the pink and pretty orange lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Asha. Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Asha I like the lantern, Wishing you All the best for 2014, Happy New Year.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card - great use of our colours. Thanks so much for joining the Waltzingmouse Fanatics this week - do come back and play in the New Year. I hope 2014 is a better year for you.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just lovely! I think you've used the colours beautifully. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fresh and pretty! beautiful card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - just fabulous! Happy New Year, to you my friend. Hope 2014 is all you can wish for! Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Asha!! Hope 2014 is a good one for you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beauty to start the New Year sweetie. Sorry you have had lots of sadness in 2013, I hope 2014 is better for you.

    Wishing you a Very Happy New Year.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the chineselantern. Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, love your Chinese stamp, such a great choice for a New Year's card too! Wishing you all the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, wishing you a Happy New Year, visiting from MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab New Years card ,love the design
    Happy new year
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a lovely card - I like that you really varied the colors since I tend to stick to red, black, and silver for a New Year card. Way to step it up! The papers are so soft and lovely. Thank you for joining us a ScrapbookerPhD.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful new years card |Asha.. I hope you have a fantastic 2014..Loz
    I saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello friend!! : ) I hope you received the gift tags I sent to you ; )

    Your card is wonderful!!!

    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty card Asha! I love the dp you created to go with the cool lantern :) Im with you ready to let go of 2013 and looking forward to better days! Happy New Years my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a year!! 2014 will be better I am sure. I love this oriental twist to your card and lovely colours x

    ReplyDelete
  22. If 2014 could bring just a little more quiet & a little less adventure that would be nice, wouldn't it? What a year for you. I love that lantern & the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous Design, thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday hope to see you again soon...
    Hugs
    Suzy B
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year :) Many amazing projects and interesting ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cared, Asha! I was hoping for as photo of Peanut, though. :-D Gorgeous color combo and I love the oriental design. Happy New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful and serene card!!
    Happy New Year to you!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Popped over from MIM, beautiful New Years cards love the lantern Best Wishes for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  28. gorgeous layered card! Thanks for playing Casual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great New year card, I love the lantern and the colour combo.
    Thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment.
    Best wishes for 2014, I hope it is a good one for you.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card!!!! Wishing you a more peaceful 2014...with NO break ups or passings!

    HAPPY New Year to you and thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such delicate and fine card!
    Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge and Happy New Year!
    Smiles, Kaly

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card and gorgeous stamping :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...