Sunday, 1 December 2013

Christmas Card Club #23: Oh Christmas Tree and another

Hello my friends! It's official - Christmas has begun, the anticipation, the excitement and with all that comes anxiety and panic! Busy times ahead, my friends! LOL.

I owe a huge apology to all my loyal blog-buds for your continued custom, especially since I have been errantly absent. We've had a hectic few days in the Martins household: Church, Family, Friends, and our customary Advent trip to the Sanctuary of Fátima. It's only an couple of hours drive away but we got home late last night / early this morning...it's all a sleepy blur.  And today is another long long long day. We have Mass, Advent fair and Choral recitation. I'm hoping we can be back by 9pm tonight. Beauty sleep is imperative. I'm beginning to look like the old hag who lives in the woods.

Speaking of woods, the theme this fortnight for the Christmas Card Club is Oh Christmas Tree. I made half a dozen of this card for my doggie shelter pile. Definitely one of my favourite Christmas stamps. It reminds me of our dearly departed kitty Xiara and our ageing doggie André.  

Red card base. The stamp is from Chocolate Baroque's The Gift of Christmas. The greeting is from Chocolate Baroque's Warm Christmas Greetings. Embellishment: Gold Liquid Pearls, Crystal Stickles, Red Bling and baker's twine by Doodlebug.

I heat embossed the image in black and some colour on the tree using Promarkers. There is also some dry embossing with the Swiss Dots folder on the cream panel.

This sentiment is also from Chocolate Baroque's Warm Christmas Greetings.

Challenges for this card:


Make It Monday #169 - AG
CHNC Extra Christmas Challenge - December - AG
Come And Get It - Christmas Challenge
52 Christmas Card Throwdown November Theme - Pick a Previous Theme - Challenge #21 Christmas Tree
Inspired by #98 - photo
An Inky Situation #19 - Trees





*************************


I've got another card to show which I meant to post yesterday. This one's for our Church's Advent Sale to feed and clothe the less fortunate members of our parish. I made half a dozen of these...which itself is a miracle!

I embossed the green panel using Checkered folder and the white vellum using the Swiss Dots folder. Embellishments: sheer white ribbon, clear bling and white Liquid Pearls. The image and greeting are from Chocolate Baroque's Christmas Cheer.

I heat embossed the bell on some light grey CS using Silver Holographic EP,  fussy cut it and adhered to the image. I coloured the leaves with Promarkers and applied white Liquid Pearls on the mistletoe berries. I also inked the edges with TH's Vintage Photo.   

Challenges for this card:

Deconstructed Sketch #128
Colour Throwdown #270
Crafty Ribbons #72 - AG with Ribbon




That's all from me today. Thank you so much for sticking with me. I have to rush off and get ready for Church but will try and drop my later today. Have a blessed Advent Sunday, my friends. Stay safe, stay warm.

Beijinhos!



39 comments:

  1. A couple of great cards Asha. Being an animal lover myself the top one wins it for me...could be one of my collie dogs and yard cat sat by that tree!! Actually scrap that, Mog would be trying to do unspeakable things to the cat and Suzy is scared of her so that whole tree scenario is never going to happen!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy girl Asha. Don't wear yourself out before the big event!! Two gorgeous cards! Love you Christmas tree. I don't actually have a proper Christmas tree satmp so I had to make do with the one I used. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful cards Asha. Think everyone feels like you at this time of year, so much to do, so little time! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I just love the dogs looking at the tree....two beautiful cards.....and now breath....don't get stressed everything always works out every year....make lists is my answer and feel great when I tick off the jobs...xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha
    Two fabulous cards...love the doggie one...fabulous image ....
    gorgeous sunny day here in Gib.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards! Love the image on the first one! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could never look like the old hag in the forest - you spirit is too beautiful for that hun. All are gorgeous but I do love the cat and dog in front of the tree, such a lovely image xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations sweetie. You sound very busy, don't make yourself ill.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Asha, so nicely done, thanks for joining us at The Come & Get It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha
    Two great cards! You got so many multiples done of them...that is wonderful! The tree is so nice...I do not have a stamp of a big tree so I had to improvise...lol
    Yours is so sweet with the dog and cat. they are sure to be popular at the shelter fundraiser.
    The mistletoe is pretty...great take on the sketch.

    Take care...you are so lucky to go to Fatima! It is our busy time too but not as bad as we are retired now. Little Miss C makes her First Communion in May so an extra prep class to run her over to. We try to help with these things as life is so busy for parents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Asha, both of these creations are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the tree with the silhouette animals...so sweet! The bell with the beautiful ribbon bow is gorgeous as well! :) Hope you are able to balance the busy times this Season! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bot cards are great! Love the dogs by the tree! And you are beautiful! No old hag in the woods at all. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Love the mistletoe!! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful cards - I love the mistletoe one for the Advent sale and the image with the tree is gorgeous - lovely response for the CCC challenge and also for my CHNC challenge extra for December - thanks for sharing there as well x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards, Asha! I love the image you've used for your first card. I do love the silhouette look of this image and how the cat and dog seem to be the bestest of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards asha . Hope you manage to get some sleep. Really nice of you to help the shelter xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are gorgeous Asha, I love the dog and cat.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such stunning cards, Asha! LOVE them both, but I utterly adore the green and silver and white card! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    PS: We've got a blog hop/DT call going on at House of Cards--I'd LOVE for you to join us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card Asha, super cute image & design!

    Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge, hope to you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cards Asha!!! I can hardly believe how soon Christmas will be here. I'm trying hard not to panic lol. Sorry I've been scarce lately too, a lot going on and for fun decided to throw in a renovation job upstairs. Crazy, huh? Yep! I'll be by to visit all the posts I missed but off to church myself now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both wonderful!! Hoping you got some rest!! Love the embossing and bells on the CTD card!! Thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Christmas cards are beautiful Asha, I love the dog and cat sitting before the tree and the embossing on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely holiday designs! All of the embossing on your bell card looks great. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow Asha busy times, don't forget the Turkey this year? Both cards are fab but I love the black dog and cat, so sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both Beautiful cards Asha. I saw these on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  26. WoW 2 fabulous cards - love the tree stamp! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the Christmas tree card is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    BTW - hope you had a good weekend and aren't too tired now !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two fabulous cards Asha, great Christmas trees. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great use of the throwdown colors! Love the embossing on the bell and the touches of liquid pearls! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for Linking Up at An Inky Situation. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    An Inky Situation Page on Facebook
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with me

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi there Asha - I love the image of the dog and cat in front of the tree - this is sooooo sweet and just makes me go "aaahhhh"! I love both of your cards though, the colours are lovely.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely texture on the second card
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenges
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both of these are great, Asha, but the cat and dog silhouettes really grab me! Must be the fur-baby lover in me. :-D Beautiful designs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like both cards - but really love the one with the dog and cat!! Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hahaha! My goal is to look like the old hag who lives in the woods...I have a ways to go before I look that good ;) Funny how tired you get once you get older - I keep feeling ancient whenever I get reminded that no, I really DO need more than 4 hours sleep to be human.
    These cards are both gorgeous - I love the embossing, and I just adore the first image with the pets. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love these Asha, especially the pet silhouette. What a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Asha these two cards are fantastic I love the silhouette of the animals sitting in front of the Christmas tree and that second card is divine, brilliant work.
    hugs
    lorraine x
    Ps
    I have been looking at your other creations and they are all WOW superb crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are both beautiful!!!
    I really love the first one! I'd need 3 kitties in front of the tree!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...