Thursday, 28 November 2013

Sing a Song of Christmas

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
to all my American friends!


Just a quick post from me today. I meant to show this to you yesterday but I fell asleep editing the photo.

Woke up this morning in bed....and I have no idea how I got there. As a single young woman I was naturally freaked out...I wanted to scream. Then I heard a familiar snore beside me and I realised; I am neither single nor young....and it's his turn to make breakfast. Life is good!

Several hours before that frightening visit form the ghost of Christmas past, I made this card.

Background: Pine Green CS, snowflakes from Chocolate Baroque Family Christmas and Versacolor Sage Green.
Music panel: Cream CS, torn music sheet from Chocolate Baroque Music Fanfare, Memento Rich Cocoa.
Embellishment: Red gingham ribbon.

Bird: Chocolate Baroque Family Christmas, Memento Tuxedo Black, Promarkers Lipstick Red & Berry Red
Sentiment: Chocolate Baroque Christmas Song, Memento Tuxedo Black, TH Vintage Photo, SB Circle and Scalloped Circle
Leaf: Clearly Besotted Leafy Accents, Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy, CBS Leafy Accents dies.

Some challenges for you to play along too:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #226 - sketch
I Love Promarkers #196 - AG with Promarkers
Addicted to Stamps and More #73 - Holidays
Divas By Design - Use Some Red
Crafty Ribbons #72 - AG with Ribbon
Cute Card Thursday #297 - AG
Word Art Wednesday #108 - AG Inspirational
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - AG
4 Crafty Chicks #170 - Christmas


That's all from me today. I have a gazillion things to do and my nose is completely blocked! That is especially annoying to me because (on a day like this) I crave the smell of coffee. An allergy or the start of a winter cold...too busy to care, really. I hope you have a great day. Stay warm. Thanks for stopping by.

Beijinhos!

28 comments:

  1. You can single and young in your imagination whenever you want! Love the pop of red with the bird x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shape of the music score on this card and the 3d bird in the corner. Very festive. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card asha ..love the music notes n cute bird on card.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Asha! Love the music and sweet bird! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful, that red bird singing with the music. The layout is lovely. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week. Hope to see another card really soon ( up to five).
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our imaginations are allowed to run wild at times....great card and lovely music sheet.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did make me laugh with your write up. Lol!!! This card is gorgeous sweetie. Gorgeous layout.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and layout, I love how you used the sketch and the pop of red. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for a giggle! On to your card, it is beautiful, love the traditional colours and design, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm in my late thirties and I already start feeling that what I see in the mirror doesn't reflect how I feel on inside - my "inner age" is definitely much younger -lol-
    Love your beautiful card. Muscial notes and birds are such a lovely combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your christmas card is beautiful and elegant Asha, I love colour combination and cute little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful!! I love the musical stamp!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome layout and I really like your music paper. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha, This is beautiful! Love that sheet music image -- so versatile. Great wake up story. That put a smile on my face. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! The music panel looks wonderful and I love the added bird and leaves, super sentiment! Beautiful take on this weeks sketch! Thanks for joining us at TMS, come back and play anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful Asha!! Love the music sheet design and your layout is very lovely here!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love music and birds, so this card is very special to me, Asha! And I enjoyed your writing today, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so awesome love the music paper! Bird and sentiment is wonderful. Great card!
    Thanks for playing our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!
    Leanne DT@4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, beautiful - love the music and fabulous sentiment! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card in traditional Christams colours. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card Asha.. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM..:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice card !Thank you so much for join us at I ♥ ProMarkers challenge this week ,hope you return next time!
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab card
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenges
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...