Monday, 11 November 2013

Joy To The World

Hello my friends! Before I show you my Mojo Monday card, I want to apologise for not returning your visits over the weekend. Saturday we were busy helping a friend move into her new home and Sunday after lunch both of us were knocked out by a decidedly nasty tummy bug. I'm officially off sushi for the next 5 years! But I promise I will get 'round to seeing your projects.

For today I have a quick card. I'm still experimenting with CAS, at the same time trying to get my Christmas mass production scheme off the ground...three is still my limit...oh bother!

Here's my latest venture - a square card measuring 4-1/2":

I'm playing with with Clearly Besotted's Merry Little Christmas. No patterned papers or multiple layerings. The background is some green CS embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  I did some stitching to help me keep true to the sketch. The snowflake is by Spellbinders, dressed up with Liquid Pearls, Cosmic Shimmer and a rhinestone. 

I coloured the robin with Graph It markers and addeed more glitter and sparkle to his wee hat. I also inked the edges of the banners with TH Peeled Paint.

On the inside is a greeting from the Merry Little Christmas set. I used Memento Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves ink.

I'm linking my card to the following challenges:

Mojo Monday #319 - sketch
Clearly Besotted Challenge #6 "Christmas"
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Got Ink?"
Make It Monday #166 "Anything Goes"
Hobby Cutz #24 "Glitter & Sparkle"

Thank you for stopping by today. I'll try and catch up on my visits. And don't forget to swing by (again!) tomorrow for a beautiful Tuesday Throwdown challenge. Y'all have a lovely evening and stay warm.

Beijinhos!


16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Asha, I like the robin image,and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous - I love that snowflake and beautiful robin! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, I particularly like the inside, so elegant. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Asha! Love the color of your embossed background, and the stitched panel looks like a swing that this sweet bird sits on! Love how you added the snowflake and banners with sentiment too - such decoartive elements for this clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous,love the design and gorgeous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the stitching used as part of the sketch. I am sure you just felt you needed to add a little more! No, just joking, it looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Asha..love the robin n snowflake..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this design and with the little touch of gold stitching really sets it off to a lovely Christmas design! :) Keep working on CAS...I'm going to try harder myself as soon as I can get my "feet" grounded! LOL!! So much going on for me this month! I'm assuming next month won't be any different! sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute fun loving card sweetie. Love the embossing and the gold stitching and the image is so cute.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx


    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha I love this fabulous card so much that image of the Robin is fantastic so is the design, super, super card
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cutting die and embossing on this card. Seen on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooo cute!! That birdie is sweet and I love the fancy snowflake die!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, your colouing of him/her is fab! I must stamp some of these and try to colour them as I have this set and love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable Asha! I love that little bird and your card is fabulous! Saw this on MIM and had to take a closer look. Love the layout!

    Please join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog if you haven’t already joined. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know I find even if it's not food poisoning per se, I will still not want to eat whatever I had right before I got sick. Ever. lol. I'm glad you're feeling better :)
    That bird is ADORABLE & I love how you fussy-cut the banner around the sentiment! Such a neat idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's horrible when a bad experience puts you off certain foods! Lovely card, Asha, your colouring is fabulous :) x Thank you so much for joining in with the Clearly Besotted Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...