Monday, 25 November 2013

Double Mojo

Can you believe that we're at the final furlong of November. That also means Christmas is less than a month a way and the last posting date for Christmas cards is about fortnight away. Are you ready. Me? Not by a long shot. My doggie pile didn't increase much over the weekend and I still seem to be short on cards for family and friends. Which begs the question: what have I been doing all year? Ok, maybe it's time to panic.

I made 2 cards today. Same sketch and same colours but 2 styles: my usual and CAS ...well, sort of. I'm also using the same stamps: Clearly Besotted's Pretty Poinsettia.


Sketch: Mojo Monday
Colours: CAS Colours & Sketches 










Which one's your favourite? Please don't say neither...I'm feeling a little fragile today! ;-)

Card 1:

Background: embossed with Swiss Dots. Patternes Papers: Back To Basics Vintage Christmas. Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black,  Memento Rhubarb Stalk, TH Vintage Photo and TH Antique Linen. Embellishments: Ribbon, Yellow Bling.  
And plenty of foam tape!

Challenges for this card:
Mojo Monday #321 - sketch
Make It Monday #168 - Anything Goes
Amusing Challenges #11 - Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge #188 - Happy Holidays
A Creative Romance - Vintage Style


Card 2:

Background: embossed with Swiss Dots. Other stamps: CBS Geometric Style, CBS Tag Along and CBS Leafy Accents. Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Bamboo Leaves, TH Antique Linen. Embellishments: Bakers' Twine and Liquid Pearls. 
And plenty of foam tape. In fact there's a tiny bit of the foam tape backing piece stuck behind the poinsettia. Can you spot it?
Challenges for this card:

CAS Colours & Sketches #52 - colours
Addicted to Stamps #70 - Embossing
Clearly Besotted Challenge #6 - Christmas
Shabby Tea Room #194 - Christmas is Coming + red,white & brown


That's my lot for today. I hope you're having a creative Monday too. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon!

Beijinhos!


32 comments:

  1. They are both gorgeous Asha. LOVE the beautiful satin bow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this kind of posts - so inspirational - same materials and design, such different looks. It's really hard to pick a favorite - I've looked at them for some time and I've changed my mind several times, but I finally settled with card no2 as my favorite, due to the patchwork background and how it looks against the white background, but it was a close call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they are both stunning Asha ! I cant pick a favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Asha. I like the second one the best as I love the crisp white colors...I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely beautiful Asha!! Very 'stampin up'!! Fab colours and designs, just lovely! :D Spotted them on MIM xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so beautiful, Asha! Great designs! I couldn't possibly pick a favorite! They are both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both beautiful Asha, I like the design and the poinsettia.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those colors! Great cards for Make It Monday.

    Come and follow me, kReN@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Asha, sweet design! Perfect for our challenge this round!

    Good to see you join us for the OSAAT Challenge, hope to you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ OSAAT DT
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. both are great Asha but I am going for the first one as I like the colouring and the bow x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you Asha on the time front, I think I will be hitting the panic mode button shortly! Both your cards are stunning with so many wonderful details. The recipients will LOVE these. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are gorgeous sweetie but the first one is my choice only because that awesome bow.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lynne, I'm so sorry that you are feeling fragile today and I don't want to add to your stress levels m bit sadly we cannot include your sunning CAS card in the OSAAT challenge this week as it does not have the required digi element (computer generated). Both your cards are very beautiful. Best wishes, Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both fabulous! Love the layouts and your fabulous bow and poinsettia.

    | too am panicking a bit as mojo has jumped ship. I have UK cards to make, cause of postage not to be too bulky and then daughters birthday cards to make for this Friday and a blog hop piece that has to be ready in the next couple of days ready for Saturday phew! Hopefully will get in the craft room today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are both beautiful card. I'm sad to see that they don't include a digital element. I would love to have seen them entered in our challenge at OSAAT. But good luck on getting all your Christmas cards done. I am so behind as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word Asha, these are AMAZING!! I love your layout and such a gorgeous poinsettia image as well!! You knocked this out of the park dear!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH...and my fave is the top card! The reason is that I'm always attracted to yummy ribbons! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, saw it on MIM and wanted a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are lovely - especially the second one with lighter colours in the background.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards, Asha! Bravo!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful cards, Asha! Love those gorgeous poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm just so far behind on all my visits that I can barely skim the surface of everything you've posted since I was here last. What an amazing collection of cards! Of these two, while I like them both, I really do like the first one the best. I love the stitching and the bow and the way the background papers really showcase the poinsettia. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous!! I love these colours! The poinsettia is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now Asha, just not fair asking which one we like as I just LOVE Both of these and if I was to recieve them I would be ecxtactic so both are just divine...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both cards are wonderful! Love the stamped quilt background on the second card! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  27. They're both gorgeous! If I GOTTA pick one I'd pick the white base :) I so love that poinsettia. And I also hear you on the OMG WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING ALL YEAR? panic. I am thinking of just tucking that in as a tradition and going with it. Embrace the madness & chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice and beautiful stamping :) Thank you for joining TSTR challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful! Thank you for joining in at MIM, Hugs Kerry DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful.. The poinsetta pops out of the card! Stunning!! Love the colors and embossing! :o)
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!! Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These cards look like beautifully wrapped gifts! Love them x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...