Wednesday, 6 November 2013

A Couple of Penguins

Hello, friends. Just a quick post this evening. Can't linger... I have dinner in the oven and the timer will go off in a bit. But there's just enough time to show you my latest CAS adventure. This time everything came to a grinding halt after just two: a boy and a girl and I'm done ... for now.

All images are from Clearly Besotted's Let It Snow stamp set. I used coordinating dies to cut out his and her hats and scarves and adhered them using thin foam tape. Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Danube Blue and Rose Bud. I used Spellbinders Classic Oval die before embossing the CS with the Swiss Dots folder and then I adhered this panel to the card base with some pop dots. There's also some Stardust Stickles under the penguin's feet and to finish, some baker's twine.

I have to honest... CAS looks better when someone else does it! Not entirely convinced by this one....it's just too .... bare!






My frosty little penguins can be seen frolicking here:

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #245 "Negative Energy" -
Make It Monday #165 "Anything Goes"
Papertake Weekly "Anything Goes"
Ribbon Carousel #87 "Holidays & Celebration + Spooled Item" - Christmas + twine
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Keep It CAS"
The House That Stamps Built #116 "Snow Fun"
Glitter And Sparkle November Challenge

Oh! There goes the oven timer. Must dash folks! Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely Wednesday and I'll see you on my rounds.

Beijinhos!




22 comments:

  1. Two cute cards Asha, love your penguins. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Asha, I like the penguin image and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute penguin cards! I love them! Thanks for entering your card in my Snow Fun challenge on The House That Stamps Built blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!!! Embossing is always wonderful, and I love that they are in a cutout frame!! Fun cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute penguin! How fun that you've started to like CAS, it has become one of my fave styles too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're adorable! Embossing always adds a great touch to CAS cards - and seriously, you will get more comfortable with it the more you play with the style. Honest to peanuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pair of cuties Asha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHH. These are sooo cute Asha. I saw them on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two real cuties. Hope your dinner didn't burn. Lol!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think is a CAS gem! How can it be bare-you have twine there! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two super cute cards, LOVE the embossed panel & your soft pastel colours. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet! I like how you combined pink and blue on each card, but not for the same elements. I'm going to try this for one of my future Christmas projects, using the same image and design, just changing the color scheme. I'm always so surpised to see the effect a change of color can have...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what darling little penguins, Asha! Love the blue and pink color combos. The little twine bows are exactly the right embellishments. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are fabulous. Love the embossing and the adorable penguin! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are so cute, Your CAS looks great to me. Love the penguin is darling. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Come back soon. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  16. That penguin is just adorable!! Love him in the different colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your penguins are adorable! Great use of the negative to showcase them. Thanks for playing along in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think both of your cards are darling! It definitely does not look like you struggle with CAS at all! I am so glad you were able to play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Asha, these cards are just the cutest!! Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards Asha, super cute :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet little penguin image. Looks great in pink or blue. Very cute card. Thank you for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...