Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Tuesday Throwdown #169: Pumpkin Patch

Well hello there! We meet again, my friends. For today's post, I'm going back to making something with a seasonal flavour. The theme over at Tuesday Throwdown is "Pumpkin Patch". That's just great because to play along you don't have to make a Halloween, Thanksgiving or Autumn card, if you don't want to. As long as your project  has a pumpkin or two, you're good to go.

I made a pumpkinny birthday card with rich autumnal tones using some lovely embellishments so generously provided by our sponsors for this week - Freckled Fawn.  Check out their online store for your embellies and doodats. You'll be spoilt for choice!

Anyways, on to my card:

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's "Pyrus". I attached a  gorgeous orange rhinestone by Freckled Fawn at the bottom lefthand corner. 

Now this adorable Pixie Cottage image by their illustrator ArTish is called 3 Fall Mice. Aren't they cute?! I coloured them with Graph'It Markers.

On the inside is my computer generated message and a paper clip by Freckled Fawn.

Join me in a little pumpkin playtime:
Without Words October Challenge "Pumpkins!"
The Paper Girls Challenge #41 "Sew It On"
Freshly Brewed October Challenge "Pumpkins"
Loves Rubber Stamp "Pumpkins"
Bearly Mine Challenges #108 "AG"
Make It Monday #162 "AG"
Pile It On #41 "Humour"
Glitter n Sparkle #54 "Add Some Orange"
Pumpkin Spice Challenge #41 "Pumpkins!"

Now it's your turn to show us your pumpkin project. Remember, the theme is all about pumpkins. So make sure there's a pumpkin somewhere on your creation. And then link it up to the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog. Don't forget to visit the rest of DT for ideas and inspiration.

Before you leave I just want to say that this is my 500th - yes - FIVE HUNDREDTH post! I am especially tickled because this is probably my longest lasting hobby. LOL! Over the years I've dabbled in all kinds of everything but I don't think I've produced 50, let alone 500 of anything. Personally, I am in shock! How did this happen?!

Thank YOU, my friends, for all your lovely comments and words of encouragements... even when I am slow to respond! (eeek! my bad!). I have met so many lovely people and made beautiful friendships and have so much to be grateful for. 

I truly appreciate your visit today and let's see where this road takes us!  (To the nearest pub to celebrate... no doubt! LOL)

Beijinhos




36 comments:

  1. This is super adorable! I love that image and the sentiment is perfect! Very cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope you play along with us again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Asha, I like the image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous....fab image and coloursxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh this is a gorgeous card Asha, the mouses on the pumpkin is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - love the fun image - great colours. Congrats on your 500th post! Wonderful, Asha! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card!!! I love the image and you have shaded it perfectly!!! :) :)
    I saw your card at Make it Monday!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo hoo!! Congrats on 500 posts!!!
    You've created such a fun birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun Cutie mouses...love the card..Congrats on your 500th post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your 500th post! I agree - I never thought stamping would last so long for me - now I shudder to think it might end after accumulating SO MANY stamps and accessories!!! Your pumpkin card is SO cute! especially love the balancing one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear Asha I love the image you have choosen...too cute and lovely coloring too...and lovely design paper too and hihi sweet sentiment...lovely card dear...

    I see your card on Make It Monday, if you like to see my card it is # 65, I would be glad if you could leave me some love too...hugs, and thanks before, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it crazy when you hit those big round numbers? I much prefer hitting them with blog posts than birthday candles ;) Congrats on 500!
    Love the acrobatic mice - and how you've coloured those fun pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Asha what a gorgeous image its so cute!!! fab papers and fab design I love it!!! and congrats on your 500th post!!! huggles sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an adorable card. Love the image, the papers, and the coloring. This is just too cute! Thanks for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card! I like how you cropped the image. It caught my eye on MIM. Thanks, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So darn adorable - love the mouse on top of that pumpkin! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so true and so cute Asha! Made me laugh when I read your sentiment. :) Your coloring is amazing on this adorable fall card!
    Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute image, made me smile. Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  19. 500!! Wow Asha that is amazing! Drinks and cakes all round I feel! And a fabulous card to celebrate with. I am trying so hard to learn colouring (my CAS version) and I now study your cards to see what you do! I love the shading on the pumpkins-so rich and blended so well x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card. I love the colors you choose to work with too. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so adorable! I love the image and colors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH HOW CUTE!!!!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE these little adorable mice.
    Thank you for playing along at our Monthly Prize Challenge at Freshly Brewed Challenge.

    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, what a cute bday card with all those FUN mice!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute image! I love the rich colors you used to color it and the dp is so fun! Congrats on 500 posts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know how you feel about the 500 posts! I'm on 462 today. It's a fun hobby, but takes dedication, don't you think?

    Really great coloring. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO darling! I'm hoping to make a pumpkin card tomorrow so I can enter this challenge. I SO love Freckled Fawn and really want to play along for the chance to win so I will really try to get crafty with my pumpkin stamps tomorrow!
    Great card!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    P.S. Please feel free to share your sweet card(s) with us at Word Art Wednesday. We are also sponsored by Freckled Fawn this week (but I'm not allowed to play along there cuz I'm on the DT) so I hope YOU will join us!
    Blessings,
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just adorable! Saw it on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Asha congrats on your 500th post! Keep 'em coming. This is a really cute card both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh how stinkin' ADORABLE is that?!?! I love it!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. What cute image! And congrats on an amazing milestone, and thanks for playing with the Paper Girls Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On "Humor Challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

    PIO DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so super cute, love the pumpkins and the fun mice! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just catching up...this card is adorable...love that sweet image...it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my gosh, these guys really make me smile!! SO CUTE!! Beautifully colored design Asha!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  35. So very cute, you've done a great job on your colouring. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...