Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Spooky Birthday Wishes

Happy Wednesday, everyone. I hope you're having (or had) a sun-shiny day. Today I'm continuing my (rebellious) study of All Hallow's Eve by using the traditional colours on something other than a Halloween card. This "spooky" birthday card is for a blog-buddy who is kind and sweet and does not ride a broom or wear a pointy hat.... I hope! LOL.

Although still clueless about CAS cards, I'm quite chuffed with this one. Can't wait to hear what my friend Sandie of London Days has  to say.

No patterned papers, stitching or unnecessary doo-dahs. I'm keeping it simple on this 5" orange / tangerine square card. The greeting is from WMS Fancy Phrases. I inked the edges with Memento Cantaloupe  To cut out the window and black frame I used Spellbinders Labels 16.

I mounted the white panel on some foam tape. For embellies: yellow button and twine.

A close-up of the focal image. The basket is from WMS Spring Baskets and the flowers (poinsettia, actually.... gasp!) is from WMS Basket Additions. I coloured the basket in grey and the flowers in yellow and adhered 3 yellow bling in the middle.  With a little thin foam tape, there's some dimension to the flowers.

On the inside I stamped a few circles in Memento Morocco and stamped yellow dots, a little off set.
 

Here are few fun challenges for this card:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #219 - sketch
Colour Throwdown #263 - colours
Make It Monday #161 "Anything Goes"
Addicted To Stamps #66 "Anything Goes"
Simon Says Stamp "Use A Rubber / Clear Stamp - WMS clear stamps
Bearlymine Challenges #107 "Ribbon / String / Twine" - twine
Crafty Sentiments Anything Goes"



That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely evening. I'll be off to the Post Office tomorrow to send this card on its way.

Beijinhos!







22 comments:

  1. Hi Asha. Love your spooky birthday card. Great CAS. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha,
    This is pretty CAS for a stitching queen! Only one button and thin twine!! I say go rebel so! But, you will not agree with me here, but it is the centre of your card I love the best!! CAS perfection!! Wait until you see my ATSM card next week-so much colouring for me, however I did turn a really coloured image that needed all the copics I have to colour into a CAS design. Thanks for joining us at ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! I love how these colours are lending themselves so well to non-Halloween cards - those are fun for me to make, but they're not so much for the going anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the flowers and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! love the background and how you have stamped the inside. The framing is fabulous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful Asha, the colours let the image stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend will be thrilled with this card Asha! Love the pretty stamped images and the colors. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha I love the color combo on your card great choice for the color challenge and nice basket with flower Image...Love your bright card dear Asha

    I see your card on Make It Monday and my card is # 146 I would be glad if you see my card on my blog and leave me some love...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Asha for leaving me love on my blog! Your card on Make It Monday is cute. I like how you interpreted the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card with those gorgeous yellow flowers! Fab design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the non traditional idea x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the poinsettia image in non traditional colours, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these diecuts! the edges are so perfect! the offset stamping inside is a cool effect too...great design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card, your design and colour scheme is fabulous and your image is stunning!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Beautiful design and colors Asha!! Love your take on the colors! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty!! I love how you framed the image!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asha, I think you did super at CAS! I hope your friend thinks so too! Thank you for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card and I love how you have used the string on your design. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine and I hope to see you there again soon.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so lovely that I honestly didn't even think of Halloween - even with the colors :o) thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...