Thursday, 3 October 2013

A Gift for You

Hello my friends. I'm popping in to show you a late evening make. This one is for a special competition over at Flourish's Timeless Tuesday.... and the theme is Paper Piecing. My Favourite!

To be honest, I was inspired to play along after visiting the über talented Jessi Fogan's blog called One Crafty Mama.  She made this lovely Lantern Card for the competition and I was especially impressed by all the work she put into the lanterns to achieve a 3D effect and the use of glitter paint to create that warm glow of light behind the lanterns. How clever is that! Make sure you check out Jessi's blog for the how-to details.

My card is nowhere near as creative as Jessi's, but I had fun making it. I'm using a stamp from Chocolate Baroque's A Gift Of Christmas set. The papers are nameless bits of scrap papers, which I have so jealously guarded  protected  hoarded until now.

This is an odd sized card measuring 7" x 4-1/2". The greeting is also from CB's A Gift Of Christmas, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.

Since the presents are very colourful and busy, I decided to go easy on embellishments and that means loads little blue bling. 

The ribbon and bows are also paper-pieced with red and yellow CS, They appear raised - just as real ribbons.  

To piece the star I used yellow CS and then smeared a generous blob of Diamond Stickels over it. That's me going "easy" on the embellies. 

On the inside, I sneaked in a sentiment from Waltzing Mouse Stamp's Compliments of the Season, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. 

This is a special competition and entries must be created solely for Timeless Tuesday Challenge #240. As always Flourishes is offering generous prizes. If you play along, there's a risk you might win something!

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by, my friends. The husband is making some Irish Coffee... and pretty soon I won't be in any shape to string two words together ... let alone type them! Have a beautiful day!

Beijinhos!


14 comments:

  1. Love this Asha! Love all of the colours and patterns and bows. It's bright and cheery and just looking at it makes me happy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did an amazing job with all that paper piecing! Your card is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge, and good luck in the guest designer contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper piecing is such a great technique for using some of those small pieces of scraps! I always keep even the smallest parts of leftovers from favorite DPs. Your choice of image is just perfect for paper piecing, I like the combination of colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful modern card Asha. The papers are so wonderful, no wonder you resisted using them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant design Asha! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous,love the image....Fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my friend, what great paper piecing. Who doesn't love a pile of pressies x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek! I am so honoured, Asha! Seriously, I have the biggest ol' grin on my face right now :) Thank you so much for your kind & sweet words!
    Your card ROCKS - look at all those tiny pieces! And I have a hard time going easy on the embellies too...they're FUN! I hope you enjoyed that Irish coffee - I suppose 5:30 in the morning is too early to join you. I guess I'll stick to milk in mine, boooo :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is really stunning Asha!! Love the bling and coloring on your design! Just swinging by before I get busy again today!! Have a great weekend! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright colours and patterns on this card, Asha.
    Why don't you pop over to Inkspirational Challenges and check out our Top Pick for last week?
    http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow!! Amazing paper piecing!!! Beautiful card, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww... what a great card Asha! Love all the different colours you used to paper piece with! Awesome card. Thanks for joining us for our special "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" over at Flourishes this week! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous card Asha, your paper piecing looks great. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so colourful - love the banners and the fab image! TFS

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...