Monday, 28 October 2013

Happy Holidays

Last Monday of the month, folks! Seriously, where have the days, nay, months gone? And soon it will be Christmas.

Last year I got myself in such a flap and Christmas lunch almost didn't happen in the Martins household. A few days before Christmas it struck me that I hadn't ordered the turkey. No great disaster for me personally because staring down the rear end of a giant bird is one tradition I'd happily give up. But, the rest of the family wouldn't be so forgiving. Christmas was saved by a few pleading phone calls, a sympathetic organic farmer and a fat cheque... ouch!

I have to admit, I was distracted making Christmas cards and such. This year, I'vet set up a complex series of reminders and alarms and I'm mass producing my cards (without much success, though). For some strange reason I get bored after three. Here's my latest festive trio:


I'm still experimenting with CAS. It's the only way to mass produce. This card measures 4-1/4" square. The stamps are from Clearly Besotted's Signature Christmas set, cut with the coordinating die collection.

Supporting casts in this not-so-mass production include paper from First Edition Isabelle, Crystal Stickles, Liquid Pearls, TH Spun Sugar, VersaColor Silver, Memento Desert Sand and Bamboo Leaves.... and foam tape, of course! 

On the inside I stamped a greeting and the bow from The Signature Christmas set.

You'll find my cards at these linky parties:
Mojo Monday #317 - square sketch
Make It Monday #164 "Anything Goes"
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Anything Goes"
Addicted to Stamps #68 - colours
Amusing Challenge #2 "Anything Goes"
Christmas Card Challenges #48 "Bows"
Craftin' Desert Divas #18 "Anything Goes"
Perfectly Rustics #9 "Patterned Paper"
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #39 "Patterns" - First Edition's Isabelle paper pad
Keep It Simple #25 "Inspired By ..." alternative colours for Christmas 


I've held back lighting the fireplace until it really got cold. This evening is really is that cold and I finally dragged some logs in from the shed and got the fire going. And NO, I will not be warming his slippers! LOL. However, I will be swinging by your blogs as soon as I chuck something (at this stage not sure what) in oven and call it dinner. Thanks for stopping by today.

Beijinhos!


25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous trio asha. I gave up cooking xmas dinner 3 years ago. And I never thought I would say it but its been wonderful and stress free x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Asha! Love the muted colors and pretty ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! LOVE this design Asha!! You've done such an amazing job with the colors here!!! Good for you getting your "to do" list done early!! I always TRY...but most of the time it almost never works! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Thanks for joining us at addicted to stamps my friend! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful chrissy cards Asha, I saw these on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful - love those ornaments. And thanks for the reminder - I will have to go order my big chicken :-) We don't eat turkey ! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful Asha, I love the pastel colours and ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a pretty holiday card! thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card! The soft colors are really pretty! :)

    Thanks for joining us for the Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Christmas card. I like Christmas cards that are not the standard colours. I also like that you have jazzed up the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous,...Great design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I remember the drama of last year!! And these are just gorgeous CAS cards-but I too get bored after a few! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHH! Just LOVELY! And you are so right - CAS is the only way to go. And 3 is still more than 1. It totally counts as mass production!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous threesome sweetie. Love the colours and layout.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so pretty! I was laughing about your comment of getting bored after three - hee hee. I feel the same sometimes :)

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas.
    Have a nice day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Such a great bunch of stamps and matching dies! And I love the addition of the stickles. It makes non-Christmas paper look like it could be Christmas paper (or at least winter). THanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent x-mas cards. I love all the design paper. Thanks for sharing it with us at MIM.

    hugs,
    Rocio, DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. We don't eat turkey for Christmas in Italy but your description of yourself staring at it has made me laugh! If I ever cook a turkey, I'll surely think about you!
    And your card is simple yet effective!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you make great designs for mass production. I'm picking up inspiration here as I believe it will come to that I too need to do some mass production this year... It's the only way to be ready in time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for joining us at Perfectly Rustics. Lovely gentle colours for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice! Love the soft colors. Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Challenges this week! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooo, lovely Asha! Beautiful colours and fab stamps. Spotted it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an awesome trio! Asha. Love the beautiful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...