Sunday, 27 October 2013

Christmas Gift Cards For A Friend - 1

Just  a quick post today, my friends. I'm making a few mini cards for a friend. She's a potter and at Christmas she gives away some pretty pieces as gifts for friends and family. I offered to make half a dozen (or so) gift cards to accompany her beautiful work .

I made 3 little cards ... and I got bored. Later this week I'll make a few more... different designs. Clearly, I am not a mass producer of anything.

The poinsettia and greeting are from Clearly Besotted's "Pretty Poinsettia" set, cut with the coordinating die collection. I used Nellie Snellen's Dotted Circle die to cut the doily out of vellum. I embossed the background using the Swiss Dots folder.

I mounted the matted panel onto the card base with some foam tape. Embellies: twine & bling.

Here are all three cards. No more poinsettias for a while. :-)

I'm taking my card to the following playpens:
Less Is More #143 "Twine / String"
CAS Colours and Sketches #48 - sketch
Top Tip Tuesday #112 "Black & White + splash of colour"
Scrapping 4 Fun #5 "Christmas / Holiday"
Perfect Sentiments #97 "Poinsettia Christmas" 

That's all from me today. We off for a ride on the motorbike. It's a sunny day and, after a week of heavy downpour, it's a blessing to be able to see the sun again. I won't pretend it's warm but it's dry...so I ain't complaining. Thank you for stopping by and I'll see y'all later this evening in blogland.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Beijinhos!


24 comments:

  1. They are very pretty little cards Asha. But I agree, I get bored if I do the same thing over and over. At Crristmas I must admit that I have to do some mass producing, but even then I make them all just very slightly different which pleases my inner self. Lol! Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're becoming quite the CAS expert, Asha! This is a great design for mass production!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Dance from me.....love the CAS design my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious Christmas cards Asha.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little set Asha. Sounds like they will be just perfect to accompany the gifts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these asha , great idea for your freinds art x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CC&S, it's a beautiful card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards, so clean and simple with just enough color.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4FunChallenges.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty in red and white, Asha !!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, thank you for joining us at Scrapping4funchallenges.
    Please, remember to leave a comment and follow us!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful CAS style card Asha, lovely colour combo.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so delightful sweetie.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate mass producing... :) You've done brilliant job! Beautiful card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and lovely embossing. I too find it hard to mass produce but go back to it another time :-) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your design with the take on the sketch you've done!! You're such a lovely friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple and elegant, Asha! So nice to have time to visit again. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely Christmas card, I love the touch of twine. Thanks for joining the Black & White Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Asha, we are just alike :) I don't mind the chill, but if I'm going to be out? Please be dry. lol! And I am also not a fan of mass-producing. It drives me batty. I've gotten better about it over the years, but I have to gird myself up like I'm going into battle, lol! I hope you had a fabulous ride!
    I love the detail of that poinsettia - and the great CAS vibe you get from the white layers. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like how you used the poinsettia for the small full circle element of the sketch! Your cards are very festive. Thanks for sharing them with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card! I love the classic red and white color scheme. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very classy design Asha, the layout is fab. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty and classic design ! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges !! I hope you join us again !!

    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...