Sunday, 20 October 2013

Eclectic Ellapu #52: Halloween

Hellooooooo there! Something spooky is going on over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge blog and we want YOU to play along. It's that time of the year and try as you may, ghosts and ghouls are pretty much unavoidable! Resistance is futile...so why not just play along. The theme: Halloween.... now there's a surprise!

My not-so-creepy concoction for this week's challenge looks something like this:


The papers are from Memory Box's Nightfall Collection.  This card measures 5"x7-1/2" and inked the edges of the card and papers with TH's Vintage Photo.

The focal image is from Chocolate Baroque's "Spookilicious" set. I mounted the image on foam tape and finished the card with some black & white twine by Doodlebug.

Here's a close up of the image. I coloured it with Graph'It and Promarkers.  I plan on giving this card to a young man of 8, so I didn't want to make it too spooky and scare the pants off the poor thing. But I think the haunted house now looks too cutesy, almost like a  Disney cottage! 

On the inside is a greeting from the same stamp set.

Your turn to make a Halloween project. It can be scary or cute; Gothic or Disney; or how about something drop-dead hilarious! If you're looking for ideas, head on over to the challenge blog see what the rest of the design time has prepared for you.

I'm playing along with these good folks:
Happy Campers Challenge #23 "Halloween"
Scrap It With A Song "Thriller by Michael Jackson"
Sarah Hurley Challenge #85 "Halloween"
Craftin' Boutique Challenges "Halloween"
Addicted To Stamps #67 "Make Your Mark"
Crafting For All Seasons #63 #"Too Cute To Spook"
Gem Of A Challenge #102 "Spooky / Halloween"
2 Sisters Challenge #166 "Halloween Colours"
Totally Gorjuss #206 "String"
Make It Monday #163 "AG"

Off to bed now. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for another post. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

Beijinhos


37 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Asha...love this haunted house and your beautiful colouring. hugs, Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and love the image...of course it is coloured to perfections.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to live in this house. Fabulous project as always sweetie love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute Halloween card, Asha! Love the "spooky" house! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful coloring! I also like how you did the inside of the card. Simple but really cute! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant halloween card asha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha,
    not too cute for a Halloween card, the bats make it just right. I al so loving your colouring-how do you do it! I spent ages yesterday colouring an umbrella but I am learning (slowly). Thanks for joining us at ATSM X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the spooky house - it's fab! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the bats keep it Halloweeny too! Perfect for an 8 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not too cute for Halloween...It does have a Disneyland feel but i think that is good...not bad. Your colouring is superb! Love the design inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just love this card its amazing ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word you did such a gorgeous job with the coloring Ahsa!! Brilliant image and I think it's perfect for the young man to enjoy!! :) Great work my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic colouring Asha! Great halloween card. Spotted it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coloring is fantastic, Asha, and I think you succeeded in "de-spooking" the look of this house:) Great layout too! I'm sure the little man will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice, thanks for adding it on siwas :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card and image Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  17. wooowww Asha...I really love how you coloring the Image this is really amazing love it much and nice color combo too...Great card dear Asha...

    I wish you like to see my card on my blog, my card is #15 and I would be glad if you could leave me some love :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Asha, what a fun Halloween card! I love the image and your coloring looks great. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is fabulous. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome Asha! I was following links from MIM and who do I see? A fellow teamie :) Brilliant colouring! I am still learning lol...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool! I love the creepy house and bats. I'm visiting from Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is outstanding! What a GREAT job coloring this image! I saw your post on Make It Monday. Good luck in the challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow great coloring! Love that spooky feel in the castle. So glad you joined us at Sarah Hurley challenges.
    xx Ria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi asha, I love your card you have done a great job on the colouring, saw your card on MON. If you would like to see mine I am number 55
    Hugs
    Marie
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cute is this haunted castle - love the bats on the inside too, awesome coloring. Saw you at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic haunted house and colouring Asha...brilliant card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a fabulous Halloween card.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great halloween card ! Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS ! Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, this is gorgeous. Love your scene.
    Thanks for joining in with us this week for our ‘Halloween’ challenge at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Hugs
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    Pink Gem Designs,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this Asha!!! I'm not much for the scary side of Halloween so your card is perfect for a scaredy cat like me. lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how you used the String. I love this card. A haunted house for me is quite a scary thing...lol Thanks for playing along with us at TG this week. Come back soon. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  32. Popped over from Make It Monday great card

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love it! Awesome job! Thanks so much for participating in our SIWAS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really love your colouring..and the result is a perfect card! Thans for playing with us at SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Asha I think the image is brilliant and fabulous colouring,love the papers I have these --thanks for joining us at Happy Campers
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...