Thursday, 31 October 2013

Christmas CAS gone wrong

Call me stubborn, tenacious or uncompromising. It's Halloween and I shall make a Christmas card.

Of late I've been obsessed with getting my head around CAS. It looks easy, but it's not. It's supposed to lend itself to mass-production, as long as the producer doesn't get bored after three. It should be clutter free and pleasing to the eye, unless you're an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink kinda gal. And it's driving me crazy!!!

Hello. I am the anti-CAS and here's my latest attempt:

Here's how I lost my way: lots of layers, plaid patterned paper from Papermania's Classic Christmas Collection, stitching, pink bling, eyelets, dry embossing with Swiss Dots folder, heat embossed greeting, die-cut reindeer and baker's twine. 

The deer is from Clearly Besotted's Merry Little Christmas set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and coloured with SN (inside of ear) and Promarkers (everything else). Since I was attempting CAS (ahem!) the colouring is simple, no fancy shading. The deer is darker IRL, but he looks kinda krafty (!) in the photo.

Those balls you see... they are my lost marbles. Why else would I stamp the same greeting on the inside of the card?

I made only one card, it look me longer than usual to finish and my craft table is a mess. Another prime-time production...not! Still, this little deer will be strutting it's stuff at these parties:

Papertake Weekly "Sketchie Free For All" - sketch #64
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #244 - "Plaid / Houndstooth" - plaid
Colour Throwdown #266 - colours
ABC Christmas Challenge "V for Vixen" - reindeer
Make It Monday #164 "Anything Goes"
I Love Promarkers #192 "Anything Goes" - Caramel, Cocoa, Burnt Umber, Henna, Lipstick Red and Berry
Die Cutting Divas #139 "Anything Goes"- die cut reindeer
Shopping Our Stash #125 "Stitching" - in pink




It was quite cold this morning. I had to scrape ice off the windshield of the car! He-man hubby scoffed and zooomed off to work on his motorbike. I dare say he arrived at his destination with frozen bits. I had the heater in the car cranked up to high. I'm ready for November, are you?

Thank you so much for stopping by. Stay safe, stay warm and spook yourself silly today!

Beijinhos!


24 comments:

  1. this is so sweet and you have listed where you strayed from the CAS design! The inside is CAS! Your style of CAS is perfect for you and I think you should stick with that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I can never do CAS, it isn't a style I enjoy doing. I never think mine looks finished.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Asha...I LOVE your cas. Such a cute image too. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. AW!! This is such an adorable card Asha!! I had to chuckle as I read your post!! You are too hard on yourself! But you are very right...it's really NOT as easy as what anyone may think it is! That's why I took a class...and I've fallen behind on it because I'm doing other things right now, but I do plan on getting back to it soon...so maybe we can SLOWLY work on it together?!

    I do really LOVE your card here! Those are some really fab papers! Have a great Halloween evening friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who needs clean and simple when the card is as lovely as this? Gorgeous Asha! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank so much for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments. :)

    CAS is tricky but I think your card is just lovely. I think whoever gets it will love it! (Why worry about CAS when you can make this fantastic card?)

    Thanks again for stopping by! Oh- and the challenge this week at Craftin' Desert Divas is AG. Feel free to share this sweet card there!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card and cute image Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Begone you anti-CAS you - I cast you out for you are a CAS girl LOL! Love this card Asha. Have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable, Asha! Love the plaid paper and darling image! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol Asha I did chuckle at your lost marbles hahaha fab card and cute reindeer huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha its fantastic & cute . Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie, lovely card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have made a Christmas card too, which is really a cutie, we don't celebrate Halloween here..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I created a Christmas card as well with these colors! Don't know about you but I have to start early to get them all done. Great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of open space doesn't necessarily mean 'white' space so I don't count the plaid paper as a violation of the CAS concept. lol I love this card and if it made its way to my house for Christmas, I certainly wouldn't throw it away! Great job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your card is SO cute, Asha! The plaid paper makes a beautiful background for this sweet little reindeer, and I think your choice of traditional colors is perfect for Rudolph!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww...just darling inside and out! That little reindeer is just too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful card, thank you for sharing over at MIM. Hugs Kerry DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you did a great job! Thanks for playing along in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge! And also thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. CAS is a matter of degrees, in my opinion. And a process. It takes time to pare things down - and honestly, the CAS cards I make take WAY longer than the fussy embellished ones! lol Love this little rudolph :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Anti CAS.....meet a fellow struggler...lol! Loved reading your post and I can completely sympathize! I think your card is darling...so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are too funny! CAS gone wrong? No, I think it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww...cute card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...