Saturday, 19 October 2013

Celebrate Your Day

Hello my friends. A quickie-post from me today. I made a birthday card in the wee hours of last night for my godmother. It's her birthday today and we're taking her out for a special dinner at a swanky place. I started out with CAS in mind but then...oh well, old bad habits die hard and I got a little carried away.

Here's the card I'll be giving my dear Tia Tita:


For the card base I use pearlescent cream CS. I modified the sketch a little by using score line and stitching to emulate the layers in the sketch. I was going for a CAS look- The papers are from Basic Grey's "Indian Summer" 6x6 pad. 
I popped the central panel on some foam tape, applied 4 large pearls at the corners and tied a bow with some salmon sheer ribbon.
The greeting is from Clearly Besotted's It's Your Birthday set, stamped with Memento Elderberry. The butterfly are from the Butterfly Wishes Additions set, heat embossed in white and cut with the coordinating dies. In the middle of each butterfly I adhered a light grey pearl.

Here's another greeting from the It's Your Birthday set, also stamped with Memento Elderberry.

Come play with me here?
Freshly Made Sketches #108 - sketch
Clearly Besotted Challenge #5 "Colour Inspiration / Autumn Theme"
Seize The Birthday "Colours Of Fall"












That's all from me today. Must dash - nowhere exciting, unfortunately. Got to wrestle with some laundry and then put myself through some medieval torture... on the ironing board. Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend. I'll see you tomorrow!

Beijinhos!


17 comments:

  1. Very lovely and beautiful cards.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Asha. I'm sure she loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Asha. The butterflies are gorgeous. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those butterflies are gorgeous, I love how you used score lines to simplify the sketch x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Asha! adore those butterflies and everything about this card its beautiful huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Asha I love those butterflies.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card ! Love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card - love the embossed border, your fabulous stitching and those beautiful butterflies! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card......love the butterflies......
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ironing...nope. Blech!
    I really really love this card - the pearls are the perfect little embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is an exceptionally beautiful card! All the things that you did to make it extra-special are amazingly fabulous! Simply gorgeous in every way. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Asha. Those biutterflies are so soft and pretty! The inside is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. Love the colors and gorgeous butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZER!! This is so beautiful Asha!! I absolutely LOVE those transparent butterflies and your take on the sketch is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm doing a bit of catching up after my holiday, and this card really stood out to me. The soft colors, the scored lines and stitched panels, the gorgeous butterflies - all the elements have come together so beautifully and I just love how this card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Love Love your card! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two absolute stunning cards. I hope your Godmother had a wonderful birthday :) x Thank you so much for joining in with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...