Monday, 9 September 2013

Where has my Mojo gone?

Hello again, my friends. I'm experiencing a creative block. When we were away, my head was positively bubbling with ideas of local designs and techniques I'd like to incorporate into my projects when we got home. My creative furnace was burning high.

And then we got home and .... nothing. It's as if I forgot to pack my Mojo, and left him languishing in our hotel room somewhere. Or perhaps he did not clear the countless customs check points at various airports. (My husband even had to remove his shoes at one point - I kid you not!) In any case, my Mojo did not make it home with me...and I miss him terribly.

So I sat in my craft room and willed him to return. Reluctantly, he made a fleeting appearance and this card was born. I hope you like it. It is for all you wonderful friends and bloggers who visited me and left me beautiful comments during my absence. You're the best!


I'm going CAS on this one. No patterned papers, just an embossed background. I used a Crafts-Too folder.  A little pale pink satin ribbon completes the picture.

The wee butterflies and greeting are from Clearly Besotted's Butterfly Additions set. I used Memento Rose Bud and Cantaloupe for the butterflies and Memento Elderberry for the greeting. To cut out the butterflies I used the coordinating Butterfly Wishes dies

On the inside I adhered the 2 spare butterflies I had made...just in case I goof things up. I'm quite famous for it... goofing up, I mean. And hey, waste not, want not much!

Okey-dokey. And now for some challenges:
Mojo Monday #310 - sketch
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - "Embossed"
Daring Cardmakers "September Colour Combo"
Make It Monday #157 "Anything Goes"
All Sorts Challenge #223 "Butterflies"














That's all from me today. I have a DT project due tomorrow. And I just don't know where to begin. Gosh! Thanks for stopping by, my friends, and I hope you're having a successful day!

Beijinhos!


22 comments:

  1. I love this beautiful CAS card Asha! The embossed background is so rich and love the fluttering butterflies. :) Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly the same thing happened to me! I had all these ideas, came home and then I was totally blocked... It will pass, it's just that you've got so much in your head but your body is out of practice:) I think you made a great card though - I can assure you card is beautiful - but you just can't see it since it isn't what you envisioned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,such a lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be this creative when my mojo has gone! Love that you have come back with a CAS card! And purple too......thank you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really seems that vacations sap creativity! Maybe there is something mojo-related that regenerates when we use it frequently? And of course I love the card you've made - those colours in particular! - but I know how tough it is when it feels like the ideas don't come easily. I hope your mojo finds its way home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the colors! It looks like your mojo is back with you, for sure! It's hard to get back into your routine after being gone a while. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous CAS card. Love the butterfly arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really gorgeous Asha!! Love the different sizes of butterflies and the embossed purple background! I get the same way from time to time and have to just keep working through it...just keep working at it sweetie! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha
    Gorgeous butterfly card.... Stunning....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS card - love the embossing and the sweet butterflies! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and butterflies Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. It´s a gorgeous card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful card Asha.
    Give it time...Mr Mojo will return!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card Asha! The dry embossed background looks fab! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw your card on Make it Monday. It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I felt exactly the same when I came back from my holiday too! This card is beautiful, love the embossed background and the pretty butterflies, colours are fab too! Spotted it on MIM I'm following you too now! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab creation, happy i got to see it through MIM x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd say your mojo is working just fine, Asha. :-D This is a lovely card. Wonderful embossing and of course, I adore the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Asha, I think you've created a fabulous card here with your mojo. Love the beautiful background and great take on the color combo. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card Asha - the butterflies are adorable !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful CAS card Asha, love butterflies so this appeals to me. I can relate to loss of mojo, after returning from holidays too it was so hard to get 'back into it'....it'll come mine took two weeks...xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is very pretty, Asha. I love the embossing and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...