Sunday, 8 September 2013

Eclectic Ellapu #46: And They Call It Puppy Love

Allo Allo! I'm back and this is not a scheduled post. my friends. Yep, it's little ol' me back from our vacation and jabbin' away at the keyboard with my scrawny fingers. I have burdened you with just under a month of scheduled posts and little or no visits and comments ..... I do apologise for that. But there were days when we just did not have ready access to the internet, not to mention it was near impossible to lug along my computer as we sweated it out in the jungles and streets of the Far East. But we're back from our tropical tryst, jet-lagged, worn-out and patently poorer BUT ... it was an extraordinary 3 weeks of mind-blowing adventure!

Here's my first project since our re-entry into reality. It's my turn to host a challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu. I wanted to do something to celebrate Xiara's life - she crossed over the Rainbow Bridge last year in September - and to remember my little Snoopster, who joined Xiara in April this year. A challenge theme was born:

"And They Call It Puppy Love"

No, it is not an homage to Donny Osmond and you don't have to include him or his siblings on your project (sigh of relief, I hear?!) But, here's your chance to showcase your best bud, your furry friend, your hairy homie. And since Eclectic Ellapu is an equal opportunities channel, Scales and Feathers are welcome to party along. This week we are paying tribute to all those gorgeous little fur-balls who bring limitless joy and unconditional love to our lives.  



I'm going for a clean look with this card. I embossed some black CS Crafts-Too's Argyle folder and stitched on some scrap patterned paper from Papermania'a Capsule Collection in Aqua. For texture, I dotted some silver Liquid Pearls on the DP and finished the card with some silver ribbon tied in a bow.

Here a closer look at the focal and sentiment - both from Our Daily Bread's  "Dog Sympathy" stamp set.  I love ODB's pet stamps - there aren't many out there that are elegant and tasteful as theirs. There's one for Kitty too and it's called "Cat Sympathy" - beautiful! Very simple colouring with SN and Promarkers in shades of aqua and turquoise.

On the inside I could not resist using that adorable stamp and every pet-owner will tell you - they really do leave paw prints in our hearts!


Let's talk challenges, shall we?
Word Art Wednesday #96 "Anything Goes" - with inspirational sentiment




Now it's your turn. Create a project featuring your pet and link it up to the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. If your stuck for ideas, take a peak at the rest of the DT and you'll be stuck no more.

That's all from me today, my friends. Thank you for stopping by and for all your lovely comments during my absence.  We still haunted by jet-lag. Ain't easy to get over the 8-hour time difference but I'll be starting my rounds today... so don't be shocked when you hear me knocking! LOL.

Before I leave I want show you this:



What is it??? Aaahhhh....You'll just have to head on over to Eclectic Ellapu blog to find out!

Have a blessed Sunday, everybody!

Beijinhos.


26 comments:

  1. Glad you are back and that you had a great holiday. I love your card. Pets become so much a part of the family. This is a lovely way to honour them. I adore ODBD stamps, particularly the sentiments. I have loads! In fact watch out for my next post which will be using ODBD stamps. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogland! Adorable image and I love how you have kept the colouring very simple, it really highlight the sweet dog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have you back Asha with such a delightful card. Pets do take over our lives! Glad you'd a brilliant holiday, more lovely memories. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Asha, beautiful sweet image and love the sentiment..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - wonderful image and sentiment. So glad that you had a most wonderful adventure on your vacation! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they absolutely do leave paw-prints on our hearts :) Dogs are the best!
    I'm glad you had a wonderful trip - welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card Asha using this fab image and I agree..dogs are the best! Glad to hear you had a wonderful, adventurous holiday. hugs, Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Asha, I like the image the colours and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I like the blues you've used, Asha, and perfect use of our sketch. Thank you for joining this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card. I love the sentiment...so true. thanks for sharing your card with us at Catch The Bug.
    Nancy CTB-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back - hope you enjoyed your holiday! Knowing you love dogs this card must have been such a great theme for you. Love the color combination - beautiful embossed paper and stitched details - and what a cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha, fab image and sentiment.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely card, Asha. Great way to use our challenge colours; thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fantastic stamp!! Beautiful card!
    Glad you had a good time!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome home...We had the cold you mentioned too...I am now calling it Airline àcold!

    Your puppy is so adorable! Made me happy to see you were able to use and enjoy this stamp!
    Love the subtleness of the blue on the image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home...We had the cold you mentioned too...I am now calling it Airline àcold!

    Your puppy is so adorable! Made me happy to see you were able to use and enjoy this stamp!
    Love the subtleness of the blue on the image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome home...We had the cold you mentioned too...I am now calling it Airline àcold!

    Your puppy is so adorable! Made me happy to see you were able to use and enjoy this stamp!
    Love the subtleness of the blue on the image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to see you back. I absolutely love your card. Awesome color combo. Nothing can beat this beautiful image and the message it has.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so sweet, and the sentiment is so true!

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely idea to remember the special furry ones who share our lives Asha. The delicate colouring of the image creates such a gentle soft feel. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful, Asha! Love the soft colors and your papers are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome back to you my friend! :) Glad you had a wonderful time and thanks for sharing the photos! What a darling creation! Love the monochrome color and sweet image! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute and such a great sentiment. I like the stitching on you card too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great card and that sentiment is absolutely so true! Glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww, so sweet. I'm a pet mommy, too. This card warms my heart! Thanks for sharing with us this week at the Sweet Stampin' challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Sweet Stampin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...