Friday, 20 September 2013

Cupcake Birthday... The Sequel

Friday at last, my friends! More to the point...where has the week gone? It's almost October. Have you noticed that the days are shorter and the evening are decidedly colder? And here's a scary thought: are you ready for Christmas?!

Oktoberfest, in our family is all about birthdays. Husband, Sister, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews, Second Cousins, Cousins 4x Removed and Friends. There's a birthday almost every day in October. Phew!

Today's show and tell is a card for my sister. She is CAS personified and makes a minimalist look like an out of control hoarder. Two years ago I made her a cupcake card in my usual style - bells, whistles and tons of glitter. We're still waiting for it to arrive! This year, with great trepidation, I made another cupcake card. I should have just stamped a cupcake on white CS and mailed it. But you know me.... don't know the meaning of CAS. 

So, dear Sister, here's Cupcake Card Take 2:

Simple card. The pink gingham paper is by Papermania. Then I stamped the musical score from Clearly Besotted's Background Builder with Memento Bamboo Leaves.  The big bold greeting is from the It's Your Birthday set stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa.

The cupcake is also from the It's Your Birthday set. I inked the case with Memento Rose Bud and the cake top with Memento Desert Sand. For the cherry I used Memento Rhubarb Stalk. Then I cut the whole thing out with Clearly Besotted's coordinating die. And to finish, some thin sheer ribbon neatly tied in a bow.

Here's the inside. This time I stamped the cupcake with Memento Rhubarb Stalk (base) VersaColor Cocoa and Memento Toffee Crunch (candle).


Challenges you might like to join too:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #216 - sketch
Make It Monday #158 "Anything Goes"
Jelly Park Challenges "Sentiment is Key"
Sister Act Card #25 "Anything Goes"
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #62 "Anything Goes with Ribbon"
Seize The Birthday "Anything Goes"
Clearly Besotted Challenge #4 "Stamp Your Own Background"

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back with more birthday cards... oh yes, quite a few more! Have a lovely Friday.

Beijinhos!


22 comments:

  1. Wonderful birthday card, Asha! Love the music background and cute cupcake! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, hope it arrives this time! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Asha its really pretty huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Asha - I'm sure your sister will love it. Happy Birthday to her! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the pink and green color combo. The cupcake is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the design and the colours.
    kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Asha...I hope the card arrives this year!!! lol

    Happy upcoming Octoberfest! Sounds like a month of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and love the sketch you used, Great papers. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, my dearest big sister! The cupcake looks yummylicious and the card is gorgeous. Perhaps last year's card will make it for my 50th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not CAS, but not "over the top" embellished either, so I believe you will get away with this design for your sister, Asha:) Whatever you call its style, I like the combination of music notes and cupcake and I think you made a really sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's perfectly delightful, Asha! I love the papers and that cupcake is good enough to eat. Happy Birthday, sister. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy Asha-I am sure you sis will love this-lets hope it arrives this time x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Asha. I love the beautiful papers. Good luck with all the birthdays coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous card,love the design and fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha, I think this is so lovely weather it be a CAS in someone's eyes or not! It's always the thought behind it and the time spent with love making it! Enjoy what you do dear friend and don't pay attention to details!! I love it! HUGS

    Your sis will adore it because it came straight from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Asha.... Your sister is going to love it! Great colors!!! Thanks for sharing this with us over at Seize the Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card!! Your sister will love it! I love the music DP!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving the pink & green! And nope, I don't know where the year seems to be getting to. I must be a grown up now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You never fail to wow me with your wonderful creations, Asha. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card, inside and out, thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...