Sunday, 22 September 2013

Christmas Card Club #18: Snowman

It's Monday and that can only mean one thing - it's Mojo time. I'm using this week's sketch to make a card for our fortnightly Christmas Card Club. The lovely Sue J of Ollie's Mam - mummy to the adorable Master Ollie - has chosen "Snowman" as our challenge theme. I'm a little late, but I'm sure Ollie will put in a good word for me.

My card looks like this:

 The background papers are from Papermania's "Winter Frolic" 8x8 pad. I've had it for ages, probably out of print now. The greeting is from WMS "Compliments of the Season", stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.

This winter scene is from a set that came free with a magazine a couple of Christmases ago...I think. Any how, I had to chuck it .... it kinda fell apart on the acrylic block! Free isn't always good, my friends. Still, mustn't complain. I had a couple of good cards out of it... this being the last. I coloured the image with Promarkers and for layering and cutting I used Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle dies.

Still keeping the non-trad pink and green combo, I stamped some snowflakes using Memento Rose Bud and Bamboo Leaves.  All the stamps are from WMS "Compliments of the Season"

And now for some fun:
Mojo Monday #312 - sketch
Make It Monday#159 - "Anything Goes"
CSAYL #34 "Christmas Cheer"
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #143 "Stamp"
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra "September"
Make My Monday "Flowers or Trees"  - trees
Christmas Inspirations "Punches or Die Cuts" - die cuts
Creative Card Crew #45 "Christmas"



That's all from me today. Hope you're having a beautiful start to Autumn. I really love this time of the year - don't you? Thanks for stopping by.

Beijinhos!

28 comments:

  1. A great card - love the trees - thanks for sharing this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Asha - great sketch to use as well. What a shame the stamp fell apart, it is the sort you could use loads of times.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Asha. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. I hope you will play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, this did not show up in my reader! Hmmm...
    I love your gorgeous image and your fabulous colors of your design!! VERY SWEET Asha!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got that same stamp, and I do like how you cut the image. The DP with trees make a great background scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Asha I'm glad you liked my challenge LOL and yes 'his lordship' sends you lots of sloppies!! I had a stamp fall apart when I took it from the plastic and I hadn't used it hahaha huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card - love love the papers and fabulous cute image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful image - love your card for Sue's CCC challenge and also for my CHNC challenges - hope to see more of your festive crafting soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Asha and another one for the Christmas box! Not like autumn here today, was warm and sunny! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute card Asha,love the image and fab trees
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Asha. Cute little stamps. It's not just the freebies that are poor quality. I actually had some LOTV circle sentiments that disintegrated too. I should have sent them back I know. Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had that happen with stamps too - generally the ones I've sort of loved to death :) What an adorable little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the details. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet, brought a smile to my face

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sp cute. The image is a cutie pie! I really like the border of Christmas trees across the card behind the image.
    I am late with min too...we are still up at the lake trying to finnish up the majority of the work to get ready for winter. DH will have one more trip up to see the salmon run and then it is byebye camping! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute image and a really beautiful Xmas card x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A Monday mojo gorgeous creation-I love the fun in the card-the image is so adorable and all the colours of the DSP are just so bright and cheerful...roll on Xmas. I am off on hols tomorrow for a week so will catch up when I get back. Asha we are well over due for a catch up, coffee and cake!! Take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Asha, love the sweet image and pretty papers. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Asha
    Fabulous card... Love the layout and the images
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and the image is Sooo adorable asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card,love the image and great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. fab card Asha, lovely image and great sketch, popped over from mim. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute! An adorable image and I LOVE the inside of your card. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous images so full of Christmas spirit...love what Sue chose.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great Christmas card, such a cute image, thank you so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew on our Christmas Challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is really gorgeous Asha an so lovely to have you with us this week at Make My Monday.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card! I just love the colours. Thank for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...