Sunday, 8 September 2013

Christmas Card Club #17: Monochrome

Good evening, my friends. This is going to be a short post from me. Not feeling my best today. Been sneezing and coughing all day long. Not sure why. I may be coming down with a cold or it could be some kind of allergic reaction.... Maybe I'm allergic to being back home from vacation! LOL. But I really past caring at this stage - my nose is red and swollen, my throat is sore and my head is thumping. You know what I mean. But before I go to bed, I want share with you my latest project.

This fortnight, the challenge over at our wee little Christmas Card Club is being hosted by the lovely Clare and she has decided our projects shall be in Monochrome. Here's my card... done in various shades of red.... Christmassy enough for ya?! :-D


Just one patterned paper and it's  from Papermania's latest festive pack called Christmas In The Country. Hardly any embellies on this one - some twine and 3 medium sized blings. I want the image to be the star of this card. I'm calling it CAS. Truth be known, I'm just being lazy! :-)

And here is a close-up of that image from Chocolate Baroque's "Stained Glass" Christmas" set, stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk. I added some coloured - in shades of red - using SN markers.

On the inside, I continued my play with red by using Rhubard Stalk again to stamp this greeting from Waltzing Mouse's "Say It Loud - Winter Holiday" set.... and a few wonky bling to seal the deal.

Here are some challenges for this card:


That's all from me today. Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your Sunday...tomorrow is a school day, urgh! I'll be seeing ya!


Beijinhos!





29 comments:

  1. Great minds think alinke...lol

    This is a lovely card and I agree about the embellies...your image is lovely and strong...makes me think of the Trinity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful stamp, you've made a gorgeous card with it! Spotted it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful classy image understated but works so well and just perfect for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland
    thanks for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely classic Christmas card.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  5. O i love this color combination for christmas.

    Hugs, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous,love the colours.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Asha - this is absolutely super! You just don't need anything else on there - the twine and bling is just enough. I love this colour as well, I must check it out, I think I neeeed it. lol.

    Sorry to hear to you're feeling poorly, those planes are full of bugs and germs floating about so I expect you have caught someone else's cold germs. Peeps are so kind!!

    Big hugs to you and hope you feel better soon sweetie.

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful monochrome card for Clare's CCC challenge - love the colour and those magnificent candles. Thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge extra for September and also for The Glory of Christmas 'anything goes', Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT - hope to see more of your beautiful Christmas crafting soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Asha. I love that folk have gone for red and yours is just as lovely. I like that you've decorated the inside so beautifully also. Hope you had a good trip! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Asha!!! totally gorgeous, sorry to hear your not well :( hope your better soon hun huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - fabulous colour. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha
    Hope you are feeling better... Gorgeous card.....
    Hugs Sylviexxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card and colors Asha.. Visited from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Asha, I love the monochrome red, perfect for a Christmas card! Very striking image so keeping the embellies to a minimum was a great call! Love the inside too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally stunning, Asha! The monochrome is so elegant and I love that beautiful image! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very elegant Asha, love this, thank you for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. stunning work, glad I saw it on MIM x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful monochrome card! Love your image and your little twine bow. Thank you for linking up in our Add a Bow challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Best of luck in the draw, and I hope you join us again with some of your beautiful makes.

    KT Fit Kitty, DT Glitter n Sparkle
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's lovely! I like how you flipped the sketch. Hope you are feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great take on our sketch this week at 52CCT - thanks so much for joining in this week - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the shades of red - just lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great colors, like the monochromatic look and image. I saw you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty. Love the monochromatic look. Saw you on MIM.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this Asha, the colour is gorgeous. Hope you are feeling much better now. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me again!! Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month. Carol GD x

    ReplyDelete
  29. are you saying us CAS lovers are lazy??? I am sure that is the cold talking!! I love the image and thought it was DSP and with this image CAS was the right way to go. Hope you feel better today my friend x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...