Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Tuesday Throwdown #159: Don't Be Square

Hello again, my friends! How fast time flies....and here we are at another Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.  I've been in such a flap these past couple of days that I almost forgot to about this challenge! Naughty me!

Anyways, this week we want you to live on the wild side, be adventurous, push the envelope and Don't Be Square. We are fearlessly supported by the fabulous folks at Robyn's Fetish and they have generously provided the DT with a few delightful digis to play with. You can join in this week's madness by making a shaped card.

I made this friendship card using "Apples In A Basket" digi by Robyn's Fetish. You don't have to use Robyn's digi to play along, but if you have one why not flaunt it!

I used the largest of  Spellbinders Labels 20 to cut out the card base. The patterned paper is by Raspberry Road...I think.  I've used lace, twine and pearls to embellish the card.  

Here's a close-up the image. I used SN and Promarkers to colour the image. For cutting and layering, I used Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals dies.

The sentiment is an inside joke. Very often my friend and I  find ourselves at our fave watering hole while our respective husbands are dirt-biking in some mud-hole. Over cake and beverage, we talk about life and the people around us, mostly the latter! It is here that we test the theory that if you really like someone, you'll leave that last slice of apple pie or last bite of donut or last sip of latte for that special person. I've saved the last apple in the basket for her. 

Challenges for this card:

Now it's your turn, my friends. Make a shaped card, any shape you like as long as it's not square (or rectangular!) and link it up over at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog. Remember to follow the rules or else you'll miss out on the cool prizes that await the lucky winners. Let's get crafting and I'll see you on my rounds. Good luck!

Beijinhos.


24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Asha! The image is so pretty! Love the shape and the lace too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shaped card and wonderful colouring! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and fabulous colouring of the basket of apples. Great use of die cuts.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and coloring Asha. Visiting from MIM for a look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the shape and the wonderfully colored image! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! What a gorgeous shapely design Asha!! Love the leafy background and your coloring on that image is beautiful too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card,I like colours!Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Greetings Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's a beautiful card Asha.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Member


    ReplyDelete
  10. What an unusual card - I love it, so elegant and the background is perfect for the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great shape Asha and thank you I found your email!!! lol I will try some graph its soon:) love this card huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you in a flap-hard to believe! Great shaped cards and can I join you and your friend??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha I absolutely adore this beautiful shaped card the colours that you have chosen to use are gorgeous so is the image and embellishments, top notch creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Asha, cute image and beautiful colouring, and fab sentiment to match the card.
    Thank you for playing bingo at Craft-Room Challenge,good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got the shading just right on this image - the basket looks like a real one! And I LOVE the die you've used to make your card base - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your apple basket card is so pretty Asha! Your coloring is lovely, and the layout and shape of your card is fabulous! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the shape for your card Asha! It's so elegant with the beautiful pearl accents and lace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Asha! Love your magnificent coloring on that basket and the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Asha, the shape if gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab shape!

    Hugs from your TT teamie!

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely coloring and the clever stitching is awesome as usual ;). I love that you added some half pearls to compliment the patterned background.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an original project! Love the shape of this card. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fabulous card, love the shape. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...