Friday, 23 August 2013

PolkaDoodles #34: All Things Bright & Beautiful

Howdy-doo-dee, folks! We're still away on holidays... which means you'll have to put up with another scheduled DT post for PolkaDoodles:

love Christmas and wasn't about to miss out on a challenge with so much Christmas potential for no good reason! So I'm gate-crashing team A's party with this festive step card. The theme this week is "All Things Bright And Beautiful". (Remember that hymn form Sunday School?!)

On my card, the colours are bright, the baubles are bold, the presents are plentiful and the fairy... so beautiful! All papers, images, elements and greetings are from Polka Doodles' fabulous new Christmas collection called Angelberry Christmas. To finish my card I used just one thing - some twine! For dimension, I popped the pressies up on some foam tape...and I'm done!




I'm sticking to trad Christmas theme but you'l find loads of funky, groovy, non-trad colours and designs in the Angelberry Collection.

Here is a side view of the card. The step card is a great to showcase a lovely image , such as this tree decorating angel.  

And I let myself loose on a roll of foam tape. From this gorgeous Angelberry CD  I cut out the  presents and baubles and used foam tape to add some dimension to the card. Voila! A fun little Christmas card!

Challenges for this card:
Jellypark Challenges "Things That Fly"
Sister Act Card Challenge #21 "Anything Goes"

I do hope you'll join in this week's challenge. The ever-generous Nikky has lined up some wonderful prizes for 3 lucky winners. And if you're stuck for ideas,  head on over to the rest of the DT....and prepare to be stunned... and inspired, of course!

I may not be able to visit all of you, but I will make an effort to stop by when I can. And to all my wonderful friends and visitors - Thank You so much for your lovely comments. If you want to know what we've been up to, hop on over to my Facebook page (be my friend) for some (amateur) pix.

Thanks for stopping by my friends!

Beijinhos!


17 comments:

  1. Asha, this is beautiful! I love everything about it!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Asha, this is fabulous! Love the dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the step card and added dimension! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Asha, this is so stunning my dear!! LOVE your coloring on this cute image and your fold design is amazing! :) I'm enjoying your shared photos on FB!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas stepper card is beautiful, Asha. I love the paper and all the added dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous make Asha - as always! love it hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous make Asha - as always! love it hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh just love it! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that angel, Asha - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-234.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this and love your holiday pics on facebook Asha so glad your having a brilliant time!!!!!!!!!!! huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my friend-gorgeous card-I so love the line of presents and how you have popped them up-fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So CUTE and I love the ornaments and presents that really showcase that precious image. :) Beautiful work Asha :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha, gorgeous card - that fold is fab and I love the way you've used all the images together,
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful, and so very festive. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card has such a lovely Christmas feel to it with your choice of traditional colors. I love all those Christmas presents you've added - so decorative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this card and all the festive colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fab Christmas card!!! I'm yet to colour up these images!!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...