Friday, 2 August 2013

Polka Doodles #31: Birthday Girl

Happy Friday, fellow crafters. Welcome to a brad new challenge over at Polka Doodles. This week we have an easy one for you: "Birthday Girl".  All you have to do is make a birthday card for a little lady - told ya it's an easy challenge.

For my card, I went to the very beginning, to the CD that started it all - "Sugar Birdies". This CD is jam packed with the cutest owls, birdies, butterflies and bugs. There are also loads of bright and fun papers, elements, digi stamps, sentiments and embellishments.  I didn't use any of the delish papers from the CD (although I was sorely tempted) because I wanted the owls to stand out. The little girl I have in mind has a thing for owls ... and who can resist these cute creatures all dressed up with blossoms and bows! This is my bird-day card for a sweet little girl:

I'm using this cute owl topper from the Sugar Birdies Collection. No patterned papers on this card. Instead,  the background is some brown CS embossed with the Swiss Dots folder. This owl element comes with space for you to adhere your own greeting. Simple embellishments: bling and some twine. And a fun addition: GOOGLY EYES for one of the owls. Can you spot which one?

Here's a close-up of the owls. They are just too cute. Take a closer look at the owl in the middle!

I added another little sentiment on the inside.
There you have it! A simple birthday card that you can make in no time at all, using the timeless Sugar Birdies CD.  I'm also taking my owls to the following challenges:

Whimsical Designs "Going Buggy"
Southern Girls Challenge #74 "Animal Antics"
Cute Card Thursday #280 "Anything Goes"
Craftin' Boutique #1 "Anything Goes"
4 Crafty Chicks #153 "Bling"
Dutch Dare Card #228 "For Child"
Tammy's Scrapin' Corner #73 "Use a Digi"
Whoopsi Daisy "Things With Wings"

Now it's your turn. Make birthday card for a girl and link it up to the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog by 12 noon (British Summer Time) on Sunday 11 August. There are cool prizes to be won. So hurry up and start crafting, my friends! 

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in blogland.

Beijinhos!

21 comments:

  1. Too cute Asha!!! Love those owls and the color combo. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I am never going to get tired of owls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Asha! Love the colors and the cute images! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this card is so cute! The colors are a nice choice and I love the googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These owls are adorable Asha!! I love the fun colors and it's a perfect birthday creation for a little girl too! :) Hope you have a fabulous weekend my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous fun card, Asha. Love the topper you used and adding the google eyes! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the colours the owls and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute card love the owls and googly eyes-thanks for joining us at Tammy's scrapin Corner
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little owls are too cute, Asha - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-231.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what it is about owls, but I just can't seem to get enough them, and this little gang is really cute! The color combination of pink and brown is one of my favorites, and the splash of orange works wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful creation with great details and its perfect for our ‘Use A Digi’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally adorable. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Asha I always forget about my Polkadoodles cds lol shame on me! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These little 'ladies' are super cute!!! Sweet card for a little lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! Love the eyes of the middle owl! Thanks for joining Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  16. These owls are super adorable. I love how you used the bling on your card too, fabulous layout and colors. Wonderful inspiration! We are sure glad that you shared it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks

    Tamie
    4CCC - DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab card - my daughter would just love those owls!- thanks for joining in at Whimsical Wednesdays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    Leanne DT 4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This made me smile ;). Cute birdies and nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable little owls! Love the card design.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...