Monday, 12 August 2013

Happy CAS birthday!

Gooood Morning, my crafty cronies. I'm up early today...very early. In fact, I hardly slept at all. Partly because I'm excited to be going away for 3 weeks on our summer hols, but mostly because we haven't finished packing... or rather, we haven't quite started... yikes! The bedroom looks like a war zone!

In the middle of this meyhem, Mr Postie brought me some stamps I recently purchased from Clearly Besotted. Yay!!!! So I left one catastrophic space and walked into another - known as my craft room - and got busy. My excuse: I had to unwind. The truth: I'm an impatient so-and-so who could not wait to play with her new toys.

I'm still experimenting with my CAS. Here is my latest effort. Not sure about the card - definitely need more practise - but I sure LOVE the stamps and matching dies.


No patterned papers. I used Clearly Besotted's Background Builder and Memento London Fog to stamp the polka dot background panel straight onto the card. The greeting, balloons and bow are from the Make a Wish stamp set, cut out with coordinating dies. Inks used: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Rose Bud and Rhubarb Stalk and TH's Spun Sugar. For cutting and layering: Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals dies.
I popped the round balloons on some 1mm foam tape. Other than that the card is flat and great for sending by mail.

The sentiment is also from the Make A Wish set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.

Challenges for this card:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Make The Cut" - dies used: Spellbinders Ovals & Scalloped Ovals and Clearly Besotted dies for balloons and bow. 




That's my early morning post. I don't know if I'll have time to play MojoModay today, which makes me sad but I really must finish packing. We are leaving tomorrow, I'd better get cracking. There are loads of DT stuff scheduled for release while I'm away, so we'll still be in touch. I'll try visit when I can and post pix of our escapade.  Thanks for stopping by, my friends, and I wish you all a lovely summer. See you soon!

Beijinhos  


30 comments:

  1. Love your CAS card! Cute balloons, and I love the pretty colors against the gray polka dot background. Thanks for joining us this week for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card - I love how you have interpreted our sketch this wee at CC&S - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card Asha. The balloons really set it off.
    Saw this on MIM.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm sure about it - this is a fab CAS card. The grey polka dots are perfect for your pops of colour. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge at CC&S

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous CAS card Asha! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your CAS card is wonderful Asha and I am so happy you managed to squeeze in our challenge before going away on your holidays - thank you so much!! Have a wonderful time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stamp and die cuts, wonderful colours and fabulous CAS card. Enjoy your holibobs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun CAS card! Cute design and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card! Love the polka dot border! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS birthday card Asha.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful CAS card, Asha! Love the colors and stamps! Have a fantastic holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done such a brilliant job with your CAS creation Asha! I love those colorful balloons!! Vacation is always fun and exciting...hope you enjoy it! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Asha, this is such a beautiful CAS card. I love the beautiful die cuts and delightful colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Asha..Fantastic card and Beautiful Bright colors. Spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Asha ,what a fab CAS card ,love the design
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, happy dance going on here! I love this my friend, besotted background is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I too am playing with CAS and know how you're feeling. So I just had to say how much I like your card and think you've really got it right. Love these stamps and have only just discovered Clearly Besotted.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A super dooper CAS card. Love it !
    hugs Shirley-anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is beautiful, Asha. I love the dots and balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute card Asha! Love the colours and your back ground is great! Thanks for playing along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenge last week! I hope you play along with again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card Asha , your stitching is so neat
    Hugs Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks CAS to me and very pretty. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving this CAS card. I have a hard time with those. I envy people that can do them justice. Spotted it on MIM! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's not that long ago that you us you struggle making CAS cards. Well, this is one perfectly designed CAS birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card Asha. It is perfect! I hope you have a wonderful summer holiday. Enjoy, and I'll be looking forward to some happy snaps :-).

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous CAS card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  27. what amazing ballons,,,,,,,,Asha.........so creative card....Thanks for your comments about my Kewpie colored digi at Kate Wiles `s blog,,,,So feel free to visit my store and choose your favorite product for free,,,,e-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com and I´ll send it.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...