Sunday, 11 August 2013

Christmas Card Club #15: Fave Festive Tune

Good morning, fellow crafters! It's my turn to host this fortnight's challenge at the Christmas Card Club and I've asked the talented ladies of this close-knit community to create a card inspired by their fave festive tune.

Take a look at my card. Can you guess the song behind this card?


A tall card, no patterned papers, just that fabulous image and a punched border.  I used plain CS in traditional Christmas colours - red, green and gold.  No embellishments whatsoever - the stamped image is the card. I heat embossed the greeting with white EP and for some festive sparkle, I applied some gold Stickles on the baubles in the tree. 

Here's a close-up of the image. It's from Chocolate Baroque's Family Christmas, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Graph 'It and Promarkers. I LOVE that rocking horse and it had me humming one of my all time fave festive tunes. Have you guessed it yet?

The sentiment is also from the same Family Christmas stamp set.

Challenges for this card:
ABC Christmas Challenge "P is for..." - presents under the tree

If you haven't guessed already, my card was inspired by the toe-tapping "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", originally recorded in 1958 by a 13 year old Brenda Lee. The song was written by Johnny Marks, during his summer holidays in Vermont. Marks is also responsible for other Christmas hits such as "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", "Holly Jolly Christmas" and "Run, Rudolph, Run", to name a few. Pretty impressive considering Marks was of the Jewish faith! Here's the original recording by the young Brenda Lee... which for me, is still the best of all versions to date. 





Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a beautiful Sunday.

Beijinhos!


35 comments:

  1. Fabulous Asha! You do realise that I will be singing this all day now don't you? Love the simplicity of the design. Sometimes we can get carried away and forget how great a simple card can look. Thanks for today's challenge. I really enjoyed it. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Asha. I love the image and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colouring for this stunner . Love the punched edge and the greeting inside .
    Hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha
    Fabulous Christmas tree.... Gorgeous....
    Hugs Sylviexxx
    Great Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo - I managed to guess correctly Asha - and I am usually useless. Thank you for your theme - I am just finishing mine off so I will post a little later on after I have tackled more ironing.

    I love everything about the image - especially the tree because it looks so real. Great colouring and you are soooo right to leave it without further embellishments.

    Hugs to you Asha

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guessed too! My favourite version is Randy Travis' off of one of the 'Special Christmas' CDs...I think the second? Such a clever prompt for the challenge, and what a great way to interpret your fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could really get that song on my mind now! Fabulous card, Asha. And thanks for a great challenge for CCC. And it's perfect for my CHNC challenges - thanks for adding there. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! I love the image and how it is all this card needs!! Sat here listening to the above song, one of my favourites too :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an exquisitely crafted card, and I love the Christmas song inspiration. I just notice that you except for the turtle, we have the same amount of pets. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab fab challenge Asha and this card is totally gorgeous!! huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha fab card hun, love the image that you have used.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Patties Creation Challenge Blog
    Hugs
    Kelly - DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing in our "Embossing" Challenge #73!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really impressed by your coloring of this image... Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Asha, I like the sweet image,your colouring is fabulous.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card. terrific colouring and I love the image

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG these tunes will be stuck in my head all day...but what fun tunes they will be so that is OK!!!

    Great card Asha and thank you for the wonderful theme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Christmas card Asha...and you had me humming the tune before I read the answer. Fabulous! hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spectacular, Asha! Love your coloring on the image and the CAS design. Did I hear you say this one was coming to my house? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Asha..Beautiful song also. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is colored so wonderful. Thank you for taking part in our Paperminutes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh fab, you have gone CAS ish again, love this challenge idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card Asha......do you know that song sprang striaght to mind....I love the rocking horse image.....hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card gorgeous tree.
    I saw it on MIM.
    Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty Christmas card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful card, love the colouring, saw it on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, a real eye catcher. saw it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous coloring on the image, my dear! I love the punched sides too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow....I am SO NOT ready for Christmas. LOL! This is lovely. I love your coloring. Spotted this on MIM!!! I love rocking horses.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Asha this is stunning, beautiful image. Popped over from mim. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card Asha love that image of the tree it is so traditional which I love so much.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is perfect for our current challenge at Pattie’s Creations. Thanks for joining us!
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥
    Artist
    at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this Asha, great theme too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

  33. Great card, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...