Thursday, 25 July 2013

Ruby Lady

You're probably wondering about the title... "Oh no! Is she referring to another seasonal tipple?" Is there a cocktail out there called Ruby Lady? Is it a stronger, more potent version of the Pink Lady we had on Monday? Maybe. Truth is - I don't really know. But if I had to pick a drink, I'd call this one a Cosmopolitan - my dear friend Cosima's absolute favourite drink.

If you haven't guessed it already - this card is for Cosima. She's a beautiful person with a loving, giving heart and will not hesitate to tell you if your hips are too big for that dress.... or if your head is too big with this room! She also happens to be the baby of our Rosary group and will hit the big 4-0 in a few days. I made her a card, from all of us in the group.


The papers are from Wild Rose Studio's Vintage Rose 6x6 pad. Cosima is not one for frills and fuss, so there are few embellies on her card: 2 mulberry roses and 6 purple blings. For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped circle dies. For the border, XCut Fancy Leaf Border Punch. The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's "A Thing of Beauty" set, stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk.  

The musical heart is a nod to Cosima's love of music. She is always singing or humming a tune and is the voice in our church choir. The stamp is from Chocolate Baroque's Music Fanfare, heat embossed in black and did some inking with TH's Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar and Vinatge Photo DIs. I also added little dots of gold Liquid Pearls on each scallop. 

The sentiment is one of Word Art Wednesday's earlier challenges and I added a red bling to dot the i in rubies. There's only one snag... there isn't enough room for personal messages and 17 of us will have to, somehow, squeeze in our signatures.... or perhaps we can only leave our initials. I don't know what goes through my head sometimes! 

Challenges for this card:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #208 - sketch
Divas By Design "Anything Goes"
Twist Of Faith Cards #47 "Borders / Fancy Edges"
Word Art Wednesday #90 "Anything Goes" - uplifting sentiment
Paper Take Weekly "Die-ing For A Punch"
Crafty Sentiments "Bling It On"
Craft-room Challenge #56 "Heat Embossing"
Die Cuttin' Divas #12 "Twice Is Nice" - 2 roses
Polly Craft #3 "Ruby Red"
Scrapper's Delights #4 "Inspired By A Song" - Psalm 40:3 "New Song in My Heart" (link to this song below)


That's my card for today. Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a happy day with a song in your heart too. Catch up with you later, my friends!

Beijinhos!


  




44 comments:

  1. Now that's a true friend who will tell you the truth!!! Great card Asha. I hope Cosima has a great birthday. Oh to be so young! Lol!! love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha I want to thank you with all my heart for sending me such a beautiful birthday card you really helped make my day that bit special. Asha this is such a classy, elegant card the sentiment, embossing and colours all look amazing, superb work my friend.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Lorraine. So glad you had a wonderful birthday. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! I really love this one Asha!! I love the musical note heart and sweet sentiment!! Obviously your friend was over the top to receive it!! You are truly special!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are SO many fabulous elements to this beautiful card, Asha. I love the music heart, the scripture, and the gorgeous colors. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this beautiful creation in our challenge this week, and may God bless you in a very special way this week. I just prayed for you as I stopped by your blog, and when you see His blessings this week, I pray that you will glorify His holy name. Your art is always a blessing to me.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful elegant card. I love the heart music stamp and what a wonderful sentiment for the inside. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card for an obviously beautiful friend, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful,lovely design and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A breathtaking creation.... and how beautiful the colour matches the scripture! Thanks for sharing with us at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous, Asha! I love the layout and you've used wonderful papers and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Asha,I like the musical heart image and the sentiment.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fab card to give to your friend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at DCD!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is lovely and I love the sweet touch of the sewing seams throughout the card. I know your friend is going to love it with all the special personal touches you gave it. Thank you for blessing us with your creation at Twist of Faith.
    Hugs,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful Asha, the embossed heart, colors layers and beautiful scripture all make a fabulous card that Cosima is sure to love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think what you achieved here, with papers, a stamped heart and a sentiment is just amazing. So classy and beautifully feminine, and certainly not frilly or fussy! I believe you've put much thought into this design, with details that reflect your friend's personality. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful.

    Thank-you for joining us at the Scrappers Delights Challenge Inspired by a Song.

    ReplyDelete
  17. adorable card, I love the colours and the musical heart. Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asha, this is beautiful!!! I love the papers you used and that embossed musical heart - very pretty. Of course I love the fancy edge and the verse too. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Twist of Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, that musical heart...what a fabulous way to honour her birthday! If you haven't already gotten it all signed up, you could maybe make a panel for everyone to sign that you fasten in afterwards? Eeek. I don't envy you that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just gorgeous!! I love the musical heart stamp!! Beautiful DP and the sentiment inside is wonderful!! Happy birthday to your friend!
    Thanks for playing along this week with Tuesday Morning Sketches #208!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside. Your friend Cosima is sure to love it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty card! I am sure your friend will love it! I love the papers and verse you have used! Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith this week!
    Tracey F., DT Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful paper and stunning flowers .Love the heart with music and the punched edging .

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very Pretty card, love simple - fancy border! I love you have used! Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith this week!
    Ginny M

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous! Love the colors and your sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Twist of faith!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love that musical heart, Asha - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-230.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is beautiful and elegant Asha. I love the Heart music stamp and beautiful sentiment. Thank you for leaving nice comments at my blog and becoming one of my followers, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi my dearest friend:)
    I come back from the vacations with my daughter, how are you? I saw Your last creations, all Wonderful as always and This is Adorable:))
    Big hug and happy weekend:)
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  30. A lovely romantic card great idea to emboss the heat with song. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Asha, this is an absolutely stunning card. There is a simplicity, yet elegance about it. I really like the music heart, the flower, the colors -- well, simply put everything. Thank you so much for sharing this by participating in this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful card which I'm sure your friend will treasure. The embossed music is lovely! Thanks for joining in with our Heat Embossing theme at the Craft-Room Challenge this fortnight.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great card; love your embossed heart. TFS your creation at DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's so good to have a friend who tells you the whole truth Asha and I'm sure Cosima will love her special card !! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. just a lovely card, love the black embossed card, just a little drama amongst the prettiness- perfect :) Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card.

    Thanks for sharing at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous card! Love the stitching and banner! The stamp and embossing are fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
    Jackie W
    SchoolinandScrappin

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a pretty card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a super stylish make! Thanks so much for playing at Pollycraft Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous thanks for joining in at scrappers delight challenge

    ReplyDelete
  42. A beautiful card - stunning black embossed heart, thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft - Room, Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous card! So elegant for a young 40 year old ;). Hope your friend had a wonderful bday.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...