Friday, 19 July 2013

PolkaDoodles #29: Let It Fly

Good morning, fellow crafters! Are you ready for another Polka Doodles challenge? I hope you are because we have a fun and easy challenge for you: "Let It Fly". All that means is your project must feature something that can fly - animate or inanimate. Think about the possibilities, my friends! Balloons or Birds; Banners or Bats; Flags or Fairies, Pennants or Pigeons....whatever you fancy as long as it flies.

For my DT project I made a card using papers and pre-coloured digi from the Bonbon Belles Double CD. These CDs are packed with so many yummy goodness that you will be spoilt for choice.



The script paper is from the Coconut Ice Colour Burst Collection in the CD.  I continued with the colours and polka dot in her flag with similar ribbon tied in a bow and cut out banners with the same. To finish, some bling,  

I cut and layered the image with Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped Circles dies. I like that her feet are dangling beyond the die-cuts. 

Instead of stamping a sentiment I stitched around "Thinking of You" to subtly highlight it.
Ooops.... nothing on the inside.

And now for some challenges: 

I hope you will join in this challenge. There's so many fun variations to the "Let It Fly" theme which would be perfect for summer cards. And with the BonBon Belles CD you will have plenty to work with. It's a bargain at only £17.99 with FREE postage & packing, available from the PolkaDoodles online store.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see y'all soon!

Beijinhos!

22 comments:

  1. wow! It's so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Asha, your colouring is beautiful..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - I should use the toppers more :-) Love how you stitched around the sentiment, perfect! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Asha! Love the colors and the cute image! Wonderful coloring and details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is really stunning Asha!! I love your colors and your added banner and stitching!! :) Wishing you a very lovely weekend my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Asha have a great weekend!! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic card. Love the stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-229.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Asha!! I love all your wonderful stitching withe cute image and pretty paper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet girly card with lovely colors! I like the layout with the image placed inside of the sircle, and the pennants and ribbon are so decoartive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you have highlighted the sentiment Asha-such a cool idea and so subtle. And her legs hanging down is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card design with background paper and image carefully placed so that words could be highlighted .Great idea .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on this theme, Asha. It gives me some great ideas beyond the obvious. Love the idea that banners and pennants "fly" -- of course they do! Gorgeous card and wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your "Time to Sparkle" creation. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations and I hope you get to join us again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card. Love the hair. Thanks joining our Celebrate with Glittery Bling and Sparkly Things at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card and I love the image you have used.

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a lovely card & great colour combo x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Asha I come back to your blog and love how you coloring her hair and her jeans...great color combo and lovely done...

    Hope you like to pop up to my blog again dear Asha...hugs from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable!! Thanks for playing with us at Digital Delights by Louby Loo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This digi looked very good. Has not seen them before, of to check them out...
    Great job with the card. I love the stitching - what a job!

    Thank you for joining Brown Sugar this week.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a brilliant idea for matching banners!! Love this card. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving your card with the matching ribbon and banner, and all that stitching wow!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar this week.

    Hugs,
    Linda xox
    Brown Sugar DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...