Friday, 5 July 2013

Polka Doodles #27: Make Your Own Background


Yipeee! It's FRIDAY!

Hello my sweet friends. 'Tis the day before the weekend and I make no apologies for being in good spirits. It is, after all, time for another Polka Doodle challenge: Make Your Own Background. Oooo - that's a good one.

For my DT card I made this '70s inspired number using the totally delish and brand spanking new double CD called Bonbon Belles. It is like opening a box of chocolates: only here is an endless supply of yummy papers, digi stamps, toppers, embellishments, frames  ... everything you need for all types of paper craft, all for just £17.99 and FREE POSTAGE. I like free, free is good, free makes me peppy.

Here's my peppy card for this week's challenge:


No patterned papers on this one! For my background I cut up all those little flowers  and stuck them down randomly.  I adhered some bling on a few. That image and sentiment are also from the CD. 
Here's a close up of the little girl. She's a pre-coloured topper, but she also comes as a digi for you to colour. I like the fact that she's doing her day-dreaming in a cloud of pretty flowers! 
For the inside I cut out a frame of flowers to adorn a handwritten message.  


Now it's your turn, folks. Come join us and make your own background. Don't forget to link your fab project over at the PolkaDoodles challenge blog

Thanks for stopping by and I'm really looking forward to visting  your blogs to see what your come up with. And if you need ideas, swing by the rest of the design team...but I must warn you... be prepared to be WOW-ed!

Beijinhos! 

16 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love this 70s look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful and painstakingly detailed! I love how you added the random bling. Love your stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Asha! Oh I love this pretty card - gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did your background, genius! Love this image and that you used the topper! Great using the flower frame on the inside too! TFS and have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love what you've done with all those flowers on both the front and the inside of this card! A great idea as an alternative to a background with DP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Now that's what i call a background girl!! Such beautiful flowers and design!! :) Hope you had a great 4th my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all the pink flowers, Asha - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-227.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic. I am visualising you painstakingly cutting out all these flowers. You must have the patience of a saint - but it was well worth it. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Asha, this is so gorgeous. Love all the pretty flowers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Asha and all the time it must have taken cutting it all out as well its fabuuuuuuuuuulous thanks for all your kind comments on my blog huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Asha, I could never thought to make a background like this, so creative! I would like to thank you that you entered my new challenge blog 'C... is for Challenge'. Thank you for your trust and I wish you good luck in the draw!
    Hugs from Poland,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha,
    Back home and visiting you again! That is some gorgeous fussy cutting! I adore the green background mixed with the pink-very girly. And wow to the inside! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work!
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, a lot of work but so worth it Asha. Beautiful card and I love your colored image. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Asha,and gosh what a lot of cutting out with all those flowers...you must have loads of patience. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so fun and a gorgeous card! Love all the flowers!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions' challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...