Monday, 15 July 2013

I made a CAS card!

Oh yes I did! It's true! I actually made a CAS card. A real one, not one of those that I convince myself is CAS but isn't and just to be nice my friends say it is ... you know what I mean. Not this time. Here's the real deal.

I channelled by friend Sandie of London Days, a CAS purist, to make this little card, using my newly acquired stamps from Clearly Besotted. And yes, I am clearly besotted with these stamps. They're fabulous and so easy to work with. Look at what I made:

No patterned papers. I embossed some pink CS with the Swiss Dots folder,  made a window for the greeting and popped the pink panel on some foam tape.

The stamps are by Clearly Besotted from the "It's Your Birthday" set and to cut I used their coordinating dies. The greeting was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and the elements with Memento Bamboo Leaves.  

The greeting is seen through an aperture in the pink panel.  Final touch, one pink bling. That's it! None of my usual stitching, fiddling with ribbons, pearls, layers of die-cuts and patterned papers. By George! I've finally cracked the CAS code!

Here are some challenges for this card:

Clearly Besotted Challenge #2 "Seeing spots";
Addicted To Stamps #53 "Colours: Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink, Wild Wasabi";
Make It Monday #149 "Anything Goes";
Word Play Saturday "Birthday";
Anabelle Stamps #167 "Polka Dots"; and
CAS-ual Fridays #109 "Polka Dots"











I must admit, it was not easy for me to make this card and in the end it had me screaming for a shot of something strong. I'd better go lie down now. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see ya tomorrow for our usual MojoMonday date. Nightie-nite, y'all!

Beijinhos!

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I get very jealous at those who make those beautiful cards with all the ribbon and bling because I seem to find that CAS is more my style. I take my hat off to you for cracking the code. You have done an exceptional job and I love that you combined our colours to make such a pretty CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this truly is CAS Asha !!! Fabuous. Are you proud of yourself? It's difficult to keep it simple but I think I have got better at it as I do more. Practice makes perfect they say - whoever "they" are!! Love from Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely CAS card. Feels so great when you master something doesn't it?
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect CAS card Asha! Gorgeous colours and a great design, thank you very much for taking part in our challenge :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it so pleased I popped over from MIM xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing a happy dance-I just love this Asha! It is CAS perfection. You really have done a fantastic job with this-I love how you have positioned the pressie and the balloon and the colours look great! Thanks for joining us at ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a sweet looking card x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is truly a wonderful CAS card - love the embossing and how that one raised layer is so effective! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and a lovely CAS card it is! Hi Asha, I really like the design of this one, and I like that we are seeing more and more of CAS out in blog land nowadays. I think I am somewhere in the middle, but definitely have a less is more attitude. I try my hand at the other ones, but I find it takes me so long to pick out coordinating papers etc. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me that lovely comment. Cheers, :)S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha! Pretty lovely and cool card.. Loved it so much. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable CAS card (yes, absolutely "true" CAS card *smile*)
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful CAS birthday card, Asha! Love the color combo! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, Asha! I love the layout and dry embossing. Great use of the colours. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute gift and baloon...lovely card and lovely color combo...sweet birtday card...


    I see your card on MIM...if you like to visit me my card is number 48...would be glad if you leave me some love too...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Asha huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful card, love your sentiment window!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a delightful CAS design Asha!! :) I love the embossed dots and your fun window design! Keep em coming girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful CAS! Thanks for sharing with AnnaBelle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful CAS card!! Give yourself a pat on the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, Asha! Love your pink and green color combo and the way you've done your peek-a-boo opening. I love these kinds of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've rocked the CAS style! Love your card.
    Thanks for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is definitely CAS, no doubt about it - congratulations! This is a very beautiful clean design! Love the colors and how you arranged those images!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely wonderful card - you've done the CAS style proud. I'm laughing out loud because CAS cards take me way longer to make than any other type. I always seem to want to add stuff to it as it feels too plain. I'm getting better at it the more I do it - but I totally get what you are saying about needing a drink :o) Now that you've cracked the code you are on your way. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty CAS card! I love the embossed polka dots. Visiting via MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Asha
    Gorgeous CAS card....
    I find them very difficult to do.....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous job making a CAS card! Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sweet CAS card, love the layout. Thanks for linking to Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is simply stunning! Great choice of colors and design.
    So happy you played along in my "birthdays" word play saturday at My Creative Moments!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...