Monday, 15 July 2013

Make a Wish ....

Hello, my sweet fellow crafters. It's Monday again and it's time to play Mojo Monday. I've had a weekend of saccharin sweet pinks and other pastel colours that today's project had to be...something else. By accident I found myself playing with these soft neutrals with a little pop of colour in the paper roses.

Here's a birthday card I made for a friend. I hope she's into neutrals. This colour combo is so peaceful and calming that I almost fell asleep....or perhaps that's because I only shut my eyes for 3 hours last night ...  zzzzzzzz

The papers are from Papermania's Lincoln Linen 6x6 pack. Going back to my roots with distress inks, ribbon, lace, flowers and Liquid Pearl in White Opal. 

The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's Loving Sentiments set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. I fussy cut the dress form and randomly dotted the central panel with Liquid Pearls. 

 I'm giving myself plenty of room to write a suitably sappy message.

The sketch for this card of from MojoMonday #203,  I drew inspiration from The Shabby Tea Room #175 "Romantic" + pearls, lace and flowers and for colours I turned to The Play Date Cafe #190 "Burnt Umber, Honey, Butter". Other challenges: The Squirrel and The Fox #48 "Use Something Spooled"Avenue 613 #28 "Anything Goes, optional Birthday"Crafter's Cafe Blog #19 "Anything Goes" and Emmas Crafty Challenge "Lace & Pearls"Crafting Musketeers "Ribbon & Pearls".









That's all from me today. I've had a very long day and am just about ready for bed. Thanks for stopping by - means a lot that you make time to drop in. I wish y'all a lovely day and we'll catch up very soon!

Beijinhos!  zzzzzz


24 comments:

  1. This is lovely Asha...I didn't have much sleep either 'him indoors' was shouting and boxing someone called Robert in his sleep!!! LOL we still have no clue who this Robert is and Paul has the softest nature as well hahahaha huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha, this is soooo wonderful, I love it. Fab image, great sentiment and the papers are super, just love it.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful,love the design.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, truly beautiful! Love the soft colour scheme especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, monochromatic card - love the sutle sepia hues - fabulous sentiment! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous Vintage design Asha!! Love the added lace on the bottom of your main panel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the lace and ribbon fits perfectly for our challenge. Thanks for joining us over at The Squirrel and The Fox hugs Denise DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card. Those pattern papers are so beautiful and love the ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful!! I love the soft neutrals and your stitching is the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Asha I think this is gorgeous!! Love the vintage image and soft neutrals! Your friend couldnt help but love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fab sentiment from this set. I have looked it up (thanks for the link) and am adding to my wish list! I love these colours and they do make for a gorgeous dreamy card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely card & I am sure your friend will be delighted with it x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the vintage feel of your card Asha - it is so elegant! Thank you for playing along with the Crafter's Cafe Challenge and good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely vintage feel, Asha! Perfect color combo. OK, I have to put on a DT hat -- Thanks for playing at The Crafter's Cafe this week, and good luck. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card with fabulous details and sentiment.
    Thanks for joining in at Emma's Crafty Challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card inside and out! Love the dress form, lace, and flowers! Fab touch with the stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this card, Asha - such a beautiful vintage creation! The colors and papers you've chosen for this card are perfect for the vintage look, and I also love the feminine feel of it. A favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers , Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, thank you for entering Emma’s crafty challenge
    and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful vintage feel, Asha. Lovely card! xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautifully designed card, thank you for joining us at Emmas crafty challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thankyou for sharing your pretty card with us in the Tea Room...Love the vintage feel and sentiment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful card, I just love the sentiment - beautiful.
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox, I hope we’ll see you again next fortnight!
    Hugs,
    Linda xox
    squirrelsnippets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely card and sentiment! Thankyou for joining us at The Crafting Musketeers!! Nicole DT xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...