Monday, 29 July 2013

Have A Fantastic Birthday

It's Monday and I'm counting down to our summer hols away. In a couple of weeks we should be at our dream destination BUT before we leave there are a gazillion things to do. Mainly chores, with a few DT cards and posts to schedule. I'm not really complaining about the latter as I'd rather be crafting than doing the laundry!

Anywho, here's a birthday card for a friend. I'll be popping this in the mail before we leave.

I decided on the square version of the sketch. The papers are from First Edition's "New Leaf" 8x8 pad. For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Circles and Eyelet Circle dies.

The greeting is from Clearly Besotted's "It's Your Birthday" set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. I used the coordinating die to cut out the party hat. To finish, some coffee coloured sheer ribbon. 

That balloon is also from the same stamp set. 


Challenges for this card:
Mojo Monday #304 - sketch
Amusing Challenges #9 "Anything Goes"
Eureka Stamps #50 "Anything Goes"
Seize The Birthday "Anything Goes Birthday Celebration"
Moxie Fab World."Birthday Creations Week:Birthday Card"
Make It Monday #151 "Anything Goes"
Craftin' Desert Divas "Birthday Linky Party"
Paper Playtime #15 "Patterned Paper"
One Stitch At A Time #174 "Anything Goes"


So that's my card for today. I have to get back to my chores...urgh!
Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon my friends.

Beijinhos!

24 comments:

  1. Asha, this is really gorgeous sweetie!! Love the added gem in the party hat and the details on the inside are just as pretty!! :) Whoever gets it will be so happy!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so gorgeous,fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Asha fab card! love the colours your have chosen huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card and pretty papers -enjoy your holiday
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Asha! Love the colors, papers and layout! Terrific design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome birthday card!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That party hat adds the extra little something to your gorgeous card Asha. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful Asha. I love the papers and your stitching is stunning. Something I have not tried myself. Thank you for leaving a nice comment at my blog, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of have to laugh - because we just did 2 mini-trips and indeed, was I making sure everything was clean to come back to? Nope, I was crafting! I love these colours - and the different stitching is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, just loving the colours & layout x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an adorable card Asha! I love the inside of it - you have such a completion for detail. The colors are just wonderful! Asha, I want to thank you for the most beautiful comment you left on my blog. It was sweet, thoughtful and just plain lovely! Bless you on this sunny day. Samara

    ReplyDelete
  12. You don't mention if your friend is a man or a woman, but it really doesn't matter with this design. You're so great at making "unisex cards" - I love cards that are versatile - they really come in handy sometimes and prevents the last minute stress of making a card in a hurry (oh yes, I've got plenty of experience with that - lol).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, love the colours and the papers you have chosen... very Stampin' Up!! Spotted this on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card...what a lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty!thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty - love the gorgeous DP's! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome!!!! Love your papers and design work! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful. Love that stitching on your card!! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Birthday“ Linky Party. New Linky Party
    starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, inside and out!! Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs, Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. I love those papers and how you've used them.

    Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes challenge at OSAAT this week. :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally fabulous card! Sorry I'm late with my DT commenting... computer issues on my end. But now it's good ;o)

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't say enough about your stitching, my friend - this one has so many different ones. Love the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Anat! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...