Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Brighter days

I made this card for a friend who's battling depression. It is a debilitating disease, and very often misunderstood. She's pulling through with the love and support of her family, friends and faith. Very late last night she called to say "I think the cloud is clearing. I might go for a walk in the sun tomorrow". And what do I say? "That's nice. Don't forget your sun block". I'm sorry - it was 2am, I was thinking straight... I wasn't thinking at all.  At 5am I found myself sitting at my craft table making this card to send her today. I'm glad she called.


It had to be a simple card. The paper is from Raspberry Road's Summer pack. Embellies: twine and 3 bling - how's that for restraint?!

The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's Words of Comfort & Cheer, stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk. The stylised bird is also from the same set, stamped with Memento Danube Blue and touches of colour with Promarkers. I fussy cut the bird and layered the sentiment on red CS cut with Spellbinders Label 23 die.

I stamped the bird on the inside, this time with Memento Rhubarb Stalk...and I took the liberty of cropping his tail feathers! 


That's my card, with some help from:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #207 - sketch
Colour Q #198 - colours
Word Art Wednesday #89 " Anything Goes" - Uplifting Sentiment
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge #17 "Tongue Tied" - sentiment as focal point
Lexi's Creations #94 "For A Friend"
Sweet Stamps #126 "Anything Goes"




Have a beautiful day. Stay cool - it's another scorcher of a day. Thanks for stopping by and we'll catch up soon!

Beijinhos!

26 comments:

  1. Elegant card Asha huggles hun and hope your getting some sunshine its scorching here! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful card to send someone! I love that sentiment!! I battled with depression for a few years and it is very difficult for others to understand what it's about. TFS!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I hope you used anaesthetic when you were cropping his tail feathers!! Would hate him to be in pain! Wonderful sentiment for your friend Asha. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,fabulous design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card. She is so lucky to have a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love the dove! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely encouraging sentiment and a sweet card made with love and consideration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Asha I wanted to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I am sorry to hear that your friend suffers with depression it is a terrible thing to have as I well know but I think your card and the love that you have shared with her by making it will be a big bonus for her and very uplifting
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello sweet Asha! What a beautiful card with such a lovely sentiment. You are always such a blessing and encouragement to me, and I am SO blessed by your wonderful art. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to share it with us in our challenge this week. I pray that God will bless you and bring you His richest blessings!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Asha. The sentiment is lovely. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card, Asha, I love the bright background and the sentiment! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful thoughtful card, Love the design & wonderful sentiment... I do hope your friend enjoyed her walk...Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful thing to do for your friend, Asha. Having been through it (and as often happens, more than once) I can say that it's the gestures like this that really help! I love the twine wrap & that pretty red frame!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card lovely sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.
    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another CAS card! What a lovely sentiment. This will mean the world to your friend x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, your card is beautiful -- so elegant in its simplicity and such a wonderful sentiment. The bird image is FAB. So thoughtful and meaningful for you to support your friend like this. You are right in that so few truly understand the suffering of people who experience serious depression. Thank you for sharing your lovely work in this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and a lovely thought. The sentiment has pure meaning.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. a marvellous card with a very encouraging sentiment!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a Sweet design, love the added elements of the twine, pearls and stitching. Thank you for joining in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its a beautiful card and I am sure very much appreciated by your friend! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexis - good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, I hope your friend feels better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card!! I'm sure it will be a blessing and encouragement to your friend!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely Card inside and outside! Love the sentiment!
    Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at SweetStamps.com. Good Luck in the draw....
    Crafty Hugs
    Denise
    xox
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful and thoughtful card, Asha! My heart goes out to your friend, because I know what she is going through. I think your kind gesture will mean so much to her! Thank you so much for sharing this at Tuesday Morning Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Asha..so good to see you again this week. You've made another lovely card! Thank you for using our sketch and TWist this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very lovely card. I hope is brings a measure of cheer to your friend. Hugs and happy thoughts being sent her way. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...