Friday, 12 July 2013

A little rain

And I'm back! This time I bring a little rain. I keep hearing from my friends in the UK about the scorching heat and how in the US the thermometers are popping. BUT, over here - in my corner of Mediterranean Portugal - it's grey, drizzly and just barely warm. This cannot be right. There's something seriously screwy about the weather these days. When I made this card late last night, I didn't think I'd be needing a brolly today. There's no telling what might happen tomorrow. I'm digging out my ear-muffs, just in case.

In the meantime, check out this LOUD I'm-on-your-side card I made for a friend:


Absolutely NO patterned papers here. A rarity for me. Also, so NOT my usual colour combo, but life is about taking risks, my friends! I'm having a go at the colour blocking technique - great way to use up scrap bits of card stock. Simple embellishments: sheer ribbon and 3 pink bling.

That adorable image is from PolkaDoodles Cherry Blossom Lane CD. Isn't he just adorable! I coloured the image with SN markers and Graph'it pens. For added texture, I embossed the colour blocks with the Swiss Dots folder. For cutting and layering: Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped Circles dies.

This sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque's Loving Sentiments set, stamped with Memento Danube Blue.

A spot of dot stamping on the the inside.

I'm taking my card to the following challenges: Deconstructed Sketch #109 - sketch; Color Throwdown #250 - colours; Just Add Ink #173 "Just Add Water"Graph'It Markers #2 "Birthday Bonanza Challenge"Word Art Wednesday #88 "Anything Goes" and Charisma Cardz #27 "No Designer Papers".
















Thanks for stopping by today. I'm so looking forward to the weekend - I need a break! Have a productive day, y'all and we'll catch up soon! Toodles!

Beijinhos,

22 comments:

  1. This is SO sweet, Asha! The strips of cheerful colored papers eliminate the need of any patterned paper. The image is really sweet and the stictching finishes off your card just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sentiment Asha its perfect and the colour blocks are a great idea to use left over papers huggles hun have a great weekend its really hot here ..sorry LOL Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I like the sweet image and the colours, Thanks for playing along with us at Graph'It colour Challenge, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely bright creation! Perfect for our theme! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at the Graph'it Marker blog!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - fabulous and colourful - love love this image! TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card - I hope you join me at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-228.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya on the cold and drizzly weather - it's the same here in Australia! This little guy is so cute and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - LOVE the colour combo you've used! Thanks so much for joining us at Graph’It Markers Challenge this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. had to do a double take when I read no DSP! Thought it was, so very clever colour blocking! I do love that sentiment-I am going to look it up now-hoping it is not a digi! And yes it is 30 degrees here today but I seem to have developed hay-fever this year (never had it before) so not out enjoying the sun except for a BBQ on our terrace tonight with the lovely hubby-have a good day my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute card!! I'm impressed... no DP! When I see those challenges, I just don't think I can do it!
    I love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!! This is truly adorable Asha!! I love the rainbow colors...so cheery to give a friend! They are lucky to have you as a friend! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling card I love the way you accenting the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is quite a feat. Three different criteria and you met it head on. It is a super sweet and colorful entry.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful artwork with us at WAW. We appreciate your participation and love seeing the diverse gifts and talents.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so bright and cheery Asha. I really like the colour blocking and the detailed stitching. It's cold and miserable here today and I am very much looking forward to some warmer weather too! xx
    Louise - JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. This bright card would put a smile on anyone's face, Asha - very cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a smashing image that you have coloured perfectly x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a darling image and beautiful coloring!!!! Love the striped background, too!!!! Thanks for helping us celebrate the Color Throwdown's 5th Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet image and wonderful sentiment, Asha! Love your bright colors and the dp.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sentiment is perfect for this image and the embossing looks great. Thanks for playing at the Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card, love the bright colours, thanks for joining us at Graph It markers colour challenge, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute and so bright and cheerful too.
    Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...