Saturday, 20 July 2013

3 Birthday Minis

Hello there, fellow crafters! I hope you're enjoying the weekend. This is a very quick post of 3 minis I made last night ... because I need them for today... because I live for the stress of last-minute projects... not! Why the rush?  We have a birthday party / BBQ later this afternoon for 3 siblings who were born exactly a day and a year apart. That's some wicked planning on the part of their parents!

I'm going CAS again...might as well since I enjoyed my last foray into that well-trimmed field. Tell me what you think... and be honest.


There's all three together.

I embossed some pale cream CS with the Swiss Dots folder and did a Direct To Paper with Memento Bamboo Leaves to bring out the spots. Then I cut out some half inch flags using scrap bits from Cosmo Cricket's Togetherness pad. 

The cupcake is from Clearly Besotted's It's Your Birthday set, cut with its coordinating die. To stamp the cupcake I used Mememto Potter's Clay and Bamboo Leaves for the "cherry". For layering and matting I used Spellbinder's Circles and Scalloped Circles dies.  Just one bling for a celebratory sparkle. 

 And plenty of foam tape for dimension.

On the inside I have a greeting from the It's Your Birthday set, stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle. 



And now for some challenges:


That's all from me today. Enjoy the weekend my friends and stay cool!

Beijinhos!











28 comments:

  1. Wow Asha! Those are real cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing Asha - you're obviously good under pressure!! I leave everything to the last minute too lol Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge, I really appreciate it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling! Love the sweet cupcake and banners! A great collections of cards! Have fun at the BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards. Love the summery colours. Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow and wow Asha, you really are rockin' CAS!! I love the embossed background with the ink, I did the same with my card today!! The little flags are so sweet and just right placed behind the cake. Well done for making the top 3 last week and thank you for joining us again this week at ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Asha these are really lovely. I love them banners and the cupcake so sweet!! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you've come to rock the CAS style!
    I've always been such a fan of spots - I like the simple, sweet look of spots, and I think it was a great idea to add some color to them on this embossed background. The cards are really sweet and the design works for both girls and boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful minis! Love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! I love the layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are beautiful Asha, I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three wonderful cards and you did a great job on them...love the design and the great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous - love the colour combo :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great design Asha, love your mini cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your version of "clean and simple, Asha! It has texture, it has interest, it even has depth...yet remains clean and simple! Well choreographed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card! Lovely work, Asha!
    Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word girl!!! Pure cuteness!! Love the cute little cuppies!! So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are spectacular in their simplicity, Asha! Love that Swiss Dot folder and your flags are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super sweet and cute! Thanks for joining us at the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely embossing polkadots with green dots and cute muffin..lovely color combo too...beautifully done dear Asha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wicked planning indeed! I will confess that both my kids are in the same week 3 years apart - no planning involved. Nature is a strong thing!!! I would never guess that you "threw" these together. Everything is so well coordinated and planned out - and lots of yummy extras - the pennants, the embossing, and the die cuts! I think you did great - oh and that pic of Snoopi??? What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are darling! Love the colors you used and the little banners really make your cupcake pop! So glad you could join us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these cute cards! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER! Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Asha. Fabulous cards. Love the colours and how you have used the banners and of course the cupcakes. Yummy. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M challenge this week.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome cards & you obviously create well under pressure. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  26. So super cute! I love how you inked up your embossed dots, and that little gingham cupcake is so cute! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful! Great idea. Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the banner on this card. Very clever design. And the colors you chose are just perfect together.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...