Sunday, 23 June 2013

Thank You Kindly

Hello, fellow crafters. I hope you're having a lovely Sunday. It's so nice and warm here, and we're just soaking up the sun while we can. The weather man predicts a small chance of "isolated showers" next week - which probably means a freak tropical thunderstorm in our little village. Great!

But before that happens I want to share with you a card I made for a special friend, to thank her for her thoughtfulness, kindness and friendship. Sometimes I caught up in my own bees wax that I forget to tell my friends how special they are. I'm making a conscious effort to fix that, starting with this thank you card:

The background paper is from My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary 6x6 pad... I've had it forever and it's  still there!

For texture I embossed some green CS with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and lightly sanded it so the dots will show up. I punched one end with X-Cut Daisy punch and to finish a thin pink gingham ribbon tied in a knot and a couple of blue blings.  
The sentiment is from WMS Fancy Phrases, stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy, cut and layered with Spellbinders Labels 16 dies. For the flowers and leaves I used Spellbinders Donna Salazar Rose Creation dies, adhered with a couple of white brads in the centre.  

On the inside, enough room for a message to my friend.


Ideas and inspiration for this card came from: Retro Sketches #69 - sketchJust Add Ink #170 "Just Add Leaves"One Stop Craft #231 "For A Friend"Catered Crop "Dies & Punches"Challenges 4 Everybody #23 and That Craft Place "Flowers".



Last week was my birthday...I'm 36, again... and I want to share with you a few card that I received from my blog-buddies. I am so very blessed to have the friendship of these talented ladies and I just could not keep it to myself. Below each card is the link to their respective blogs and I hope you can spare a minute to check them out. They truly are masters (mistresses?) of their craft.

ANNE CAMPBELL

CAROL DUNHAM

ZOË TANT

KAREN PETITT

MAUREEN KANE

SANDIE MUNRO

Thanks for stopping by, dear friends. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and I'll see you again soon!

Beijinhos!



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Asha.I hope you had I lovely birthday. Congratulations.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, love your card - the paper and embossing are wonderful. And love all your wonderful birthday cards off your friends!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty and springy, Im sure your friend will be delighted with it :) Happy Belated Birthday Asha!! Your cards from your blog buddies and beautiful and what a treat to be thought of by all of them :) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Asha; I have no doubt that your friend will LOVE it. Thank you for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness my card arrived in time! Hope your day was special and filled with fun and happy memories.
    Your card for your friend is lovely. The inside looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Asha, I like the little gingham ribbon and bow. How sweet of you you to put our cards on but I see my gems didn't survive the trip! They were in a straight line!! Still, this look is a bit like like how my brain brain acts, so perhaps it is apt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Asha! Lots of lovely birthday cards too. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That DSP on your thank you card for your friend is lovely and I think she will appreciate recieving it. I agree we often neglect to thank our close friends. Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards. HB to you.
    I love the layout of your Thank you card and the prety colours. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Asha! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was delightfully happy. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you got mine, hope it wasn't too late huni Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful, thanks for joining us at That Craft Place this fortnight.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely way to thank a friend with such a lovely card. Thanks for playing at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know we are both Gemini's Asha. :) Happy Belated Birthday!!! I love the floral dp on your card and the way you placed your die. Very pretty card which I'm sure your friend will love. Your b'day cards are pretty too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card to give to a friend, and a lovely thought, I'm sure she will appreciate it. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place this time. xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...