Friday, 21 June 2013

Polka Doodles #25: Summer Birthday

Here we are again, my friends, at the the cusp of the weekend and the start of a brand new season: SUMMER. Over at Polka Doodles we are celebrating with style. It's time to put away those woolies and squeeze into your itsy-bitsy polka dot thingy...if you dare!

For our latest challenge I wanted to make a card that reminded me of days gone. This image from the PickNix Collection Collection 1 caught my eye 'cause it took me back to them days when my sister and I set up lemonade stalls for some extra pocket money. Standing in the blazing hot sun, naturally we consumed more than we sold...a trend we have followed through into adulthood! I get all nostalgic at this time of the year  with memories of a carefree childhood and holidays with grandparents, when someone else took care of the bills! Life was sweet then!

Here's my fun little card to celebrate a Summer Birthday:


The background paper from the All Around and Everywhere CD is perfect for a summer celebration.

I coloured the stall with GI markers and the rest with SN markers. Then I double matted it and attached 4 brads. 

Some foam tape to mount the image and a knot in red gingham complete the card.

Some matting and stitching on the inside... and plenty of space of a special birthday message.


Now it's your turn to create a Summer Birthday themed project and link it up over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. I can't wait to see what y'all come up with. And to get your creative mojo going , I've got a little Polka Doodles tutorial for you. I'm not going to tell you what it is....you'll have to visit the Challenge Blog to find out!


Beijinhos!



15 comments:

  1. Fabulous - love the lemonade stand, great colouring and choice of papers!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun card.Love it.Thanks for joining in with us at Nutcrafters.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm lemonade I could have a glas of that! Great card and good choice of paper gave the card a Birthday feel!

    Thank you for joining our Summer Challenge at Brown Sugar this week.
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image and design. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love that image, Asha! What perfectly colored lemonade -- I think I'll go make some for myself. :-D Wonderful card, and thanks for sharing the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card, i really like the image. Thanks for joining us at without words. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Summer challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great summer card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, pretty colours and great image..Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card, your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at the Craft-Room Challenge this fortnight.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs!
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the image and design. Thanks for joining us at Without Words. Good Luck!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the memories you shared...I also got quite nostalgic!
    Your card is so cute & summery!

    Thank you for sharing your lovely creation in our ‘Anything goes - Show your Season’ Challenge
    Do join us again!
    Hugs
    Rene (DT Crafting by Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...