Friday, 7 June 2013

Polka Doodles #23: Birthday Card with Scraps

Hello my friends!!! So glad you're here with me, 'cause I've got a fun fun fun challenge for you today. Do you have little scrap pieces of patterned paper littering your craft table / space / floor and you just can't bring yourself to throw them away? So do I! This challenge is the perfect excuse for tidying up your craft room. Welcome to Polka Doodles Challenge #23 "Birthday Card with Scraps".

All you have to do is make a birthday card - masculine, feminine, canine or feline - using all those pesky bits of patterned papers. Make sure you use bits that are no larger than 2"x2". Easy enough!

Here's what I made earlier:

I'm using leftover bits of papers from the Fredericka Mini CD Collection . These  pretty papers are also sold as 8x8 paper pads. I stitched the bits together to make a homey quilt-like background. 

Meet Tilly. She's available from the Fredericka Mini CD Collection. You can also get her from the Frederika Colour Me A5 sheets. I coloured my Tilly with alcohol markers. 

You can see the stitched background here. The ticket tag greeting is from also from the Fredericka Mini CD Collection. For embellies - 3 felt flowers and blings for the centre. That's all.

There's no end to the scraps, so I'm using them inside as well. 

I'm taking Tilly to the following linky parties: In The Pink Challenge #21 "Anything Goes"Aud Sentiments Challenge "Anything Goes"Crafting With Dragonflies #3 "One For Girls" and Digi Stamps 4 Joy #68 "Oh to be Young Again".

Now, it's your turn, my friends. Use of all those bits of papers on your project and link it up over that the Polka Doodles challenge blog by June 16th.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. Have a fab Friday y'all!

Beijinhos!




18 comments:

  1. Lovely card, great LO and colouring, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,fab image,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Asha! Love the soft color combo and papers! You did a wonderful job with the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - love that image and all you yummy stitching! TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love this quilted BG!!! What a great way to use scraps!!! Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-223.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha, I often use this method to use up my scraps :D
    Lovely card, Jackie DT Member ds4j

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all the stitchiness of this - great patchwork. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies - hope you are a follower so you are eligible to win out prizes! Susan (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Asha, you may have used scraps but this is too clever.....it is all that fab stitching-I wish I had the patience!! Have a fab weekend my dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's a very pretty card Asha.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my dearest friend,happy Saturday^_^
    What a gorgeous card,beautiful image^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card... love the fabulous image and the perfect stitching!

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink this time - good luck!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Asha..I've been catching up on all your wonderful cards you have made while I've been a bit poorly..father christmas card is so sweet! and the others are all beautiful as usual huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the quilted scrappy look, especially on the inside! Very pretty. Thank-you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the cute image and all the stitched pieces
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card. Love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have made a lovely card here. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...