Monday, 17 June 2013

Happy Birthday, Dear Friend

So here I am again, dear fellow crafters! This time it's for my beloved MojoMonday. Very quickly now (because I have to get started on dinner), I want to show you this birthday card I made for my stash. It's growing and I am proud to announce I have 3 in the pot! Yay! Here it is:


I'm calling it CAS... my way. The paper is from Papermania's Capsule Collection, with a generous 1/4" border for a framed look.

The focal image is by Chocolate Baroque, from the Oriental Florals set called " A Thing of Beauty", stamped in Memento Espresso Truffle and coloured with Promarkers, For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Floral Ovals dies.

For embellies, I used, ruffled lace, ribbons and 3 pearls. All in all a very girly card, I'd say. (I''ve only just discovered the filter options on my camera...here's me going arty-farty!)

A simple sentiment on the inside.



Taking my card to play with these good folks: MojoMonday #298 - sketch; The Shabby Tea Room #171 "Ruffles and Ribbons with Green & Pink"Amusing Challenge "Ribbon or Twine"Eureka Stamps #44 "Anything Goes"Glitter n Sparkle #37 "3 Of Something"Artistic Inspirations #46 "Ribbon or Twine"Word Art Wednesday #84 "Anything Goes"The Ribbon Reel #55 "Treasure Pearls" with Pearls, Ribbon and Lace / Twine and Make It Monday #145 "Anything Goes".














That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to make / buy dinner (I'll let the fridge decide). Have a lovely Monday, everyone!

Beijinhos!






33 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Asha love that image its gorgeous huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "CAS.....the Asha way" - works for me kiddo! I love the backing paper and the stamp. A lovely girlie card, as you say. Love from Christine of the creaky knees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Asha! I love the soft colors and the lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, love the image and soft color!! Thank you for join us at Artistic Inspirations this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a soft, sweet and beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing this fabulous art with us.
    Abundant Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and love those flowers. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so beautiful and elegant.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Asha, beautiful card, the ribbon is so pretty, popped over from mim. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha.. Stunning card and colors. I popped by from MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card . Love the bow and the flowers are lovely. Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - love your take on the sketch! Wonderful ribbon and bow - definitely feminine! Love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful image! TFS!

    I stopped by from MIM.
    kren@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Asha, colours are just gorgeous...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Asha!! Love the way you cut the little leaf to trail over!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Asha! I like the way you tilted the oval with the image in it and then trailed the ivy over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty CAS Asha! I do like that background paper-I like the colours and the script. Love your single line of pink stitching. Hope dinner was good! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very pretty feminine card. Love the pretty soft colours and the lovely design paper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Magnificent, Asha! Love that marvelous stitching. Great image and coloring, and the bow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful elegant creation here! I like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Asha beautiful as always! Thanks so much for visiting me. Hope you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is exquisite, Asha .
    Love the inside as well ..
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous, Asha, love the softness of this card, thank you for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really pretty, and I love the green text paper in the background to off set the pink. lovely victorian feel to it.

    Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. Your coloring is perfect. Thanks for joining in at Artistic Inspirations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very delicate and feminine card, lovely. Popped by via MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Asha! Your coloring on this is just jaw dropping and I love the ribbon treatments! GORGEOUS my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So so pretty! Your coloring is amazing and what a beautiful take on TRR inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card. Way to go to have a few B-day card in advance. You always need those!!! Love the stitching you have done.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  30. Asha, this is just devine! Love the softness of the papers and the pretty lace! Thanks for joining TRR!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pretty card, love your pastel colours and layout, thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel, hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...