Saturday, 1 June 2013

Good luck!

Hello there! Just a quick one from me today. Made this sunny little number for a friend who's going off on a 2-week bird-watching holiday. Some say it's a hobby while others call it a competitive sport. I rather not comment on the latter. All I know is my friend will be sitting silently high on a stick tower somewhere in the Finnish forest waiting for a few feathered fauna to flutter by. Oh how exciting!

Here's the card I made to wish her well on her trip. (What are the chances of her bumping into a peacock in the woods of Finland?!)

The papers are from Fancy Pants "Beach Babe" 6x6 pad. Those lemons just scream summer, no?

Here's a close-up of the peacock image from Chocolate Baroque's Indian Textiles set. I stamped with Memento London Fog for a softer look and coloured with Promarkers.

My friend isn't big on bells and whistles so I'm going CAS-ish with just some sheer yellow ribbon. The greeting is from WMS Fancy Phrases, also stamped in London Fog. I set the banner off the edge.

On the inside...

Here are some challenges that inspired me. Perhaps you'd like to play along too?
Tuesday Morning Sketches #200 - sketchFlourishes Timeless Tuesday #222 "It's Summertime";  Color Throwdown #244 - coloursCome And Get It "Off The Edge"Word Art Wednesday #82 "Anything Goes" and Divas By Design "Tie Ribbon".












That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope to do some long overdue visiting today. I't's been a long week and I'm glad it's over...but then, I say that every week, don't I?!

See you tomorrow, my sweet friends, with a brand new challenge from Eclectic Ellapu. Don't miss it....it's a good one! In the meantime, enjoy the sun! See ya!

Beijinhos!



Blogged to:
Cappuccino, chocolate muffin and



15 comments:

  1. Fab card, love the image and great design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha, this is such a great card. Love everything about it, but especially the way that little flag sticks out from the edge: it brings the card to life - on she goes on her quest!(your friend I mean). Happy colours, great bird,too. Hope your friend appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card my dearest friend^_^
    I like the image and colors^_^
    All gorgeous^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Asha! At first thanks for your comment to my blog. It makes me smile and happy. Now I am your follower. I like your card. The bird and the colours are great. Sunny!
    I ll look at your blog for new cards soon.
    Greetings from germany
    Miri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is gorgeous Asha, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Asha!! That peacock is wonderful and your colouring is perfect!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pastel colours, love the peacock and fabulous layers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha: Each time I stop by your blog, your cards just get cuter and cuter than the time before (if that's even possible) and you always amaze me with your talents. I love the way you decorate your cards inside and out, and I thank you so much for stopping by to share with us again this week. Have a blessed week and thanks again for sharing!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colorful and sweet, and what a wonderful peacock image! There are some hobbies I really don't get... But I know many people who don't understand how it can be so much fun to create cards either...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful peacock! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous peacock...it is matching the papers so well...thanks for joining us at the Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely image, beautifully colored and wonderful card! A unique look that is just stunning. Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely peacock image and you have colored it beautifully!!!! Your friend will love it!! Thanks for joining us for the color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous Asha! I love the yellows and pinks together! Fabulous details on your summery card. Thanks for joining us for our "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" this week at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. I love the sweet image and the papers and design are gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...