Sunday, 30 June 2013

Eclectic Ellapu #36: Time

Hello my friends and welcome to Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #36 and this week our lovely hostess Sandie had picked an interesting theme: Time.  Sounds simple, right? But I must admit, I struggled with this one. How do I incorporate "time" into a project? Die-cut? Stamp? Word? Embellishment?

Armed with an extra large G&T, 2 chocolate eclairs and a handful of dry-roasted nuts I carefully rummaged through my stamps and stumbled upon Chocolate Baroque's "Witching Time". There's our theme - "Time"! Is it too soon for a Halloween card? I've been making Christmas cards since January, so yeah, time for a spooky offering.... and here it is!

The papers are from Fancy Pants "Oct 31" 6x6 pad. The image and sentiment are form Chocolate Baroque's "Witching Time"  set, stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle.  

I coloured the image with SN markers and matted it on a piece of black CS with torn edges. For embellishment, I tied a piece of black & white twine into a bow. 

Some of that striped paper on the inside and we're done! 


Now it's your turn to create a card or project incorporating "Time". You can interprete this in any way as long as there is some element of "Time" on your creation. Don't forget to link up your project over at Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog and the DT will be stopping by your blog to take a peek.

Thanks for visiting and I'll see ya very soon!

Beijinhos 



14 comments:

  1. I love this Asha ... Fab interpretation of time. I've been called a witch in my time but do not own a broomstick - they can not take my weight lol. Fabulous as always sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER!! Asha, this is soooo cool!! I adore all of that stitching...something that I'm certainly not good at is sewing straight lines!! LOL!! I have some of that paper and I LOVE it for Halloween...such perfect colors!! This is one of my fave things to stamp! Thanks for the inspiration! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha this is fabulous! I do so love that witch (and yes I am called a witch regularly!) Wonderful design and great inspiration!
    xx
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Asha you really interpreted the theme really well.. I must admit I struggled with the theme as well..
    I love the spookiness of this card, I never make Halloween cards - my husbands Nan died on Halloween so it is always a difficult day - But I might make some decorations/card this year. See how it goes.

    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Kelly - EE
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Thanks, so much for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friend purple challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Halloween card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friend blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous!!! Love the design, great sentiment and fab papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great!!! Love the idea of 'witching time' for this theme, very clever :) Fantastic use of Halloweeny colours too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant non-cute card! Love the layout and the colours.

    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card...love the image too! So glad you joined us at Left of Center!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful and fun Halloween card - and thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your 'recipe' for inspiration....choc, G&T & nuts lol! Fabulous card, love the stripes on the DP, gives it a nice fun feel. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin' x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Terrific use of purple! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friend blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant! I really like this, thank you for playing along with us at Left of Center.

    Shelley x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...