Sunday, 16 June 2013

Eclectic Ellapu #34: Celebrate Summer Sunshine

Rumour has it ....summer is just around the corner.

Hello there! Are you ready for summer? I sure am. It's my turn to host a challenge over at the Eclectic Ellapu challenge blog and we're celebrating Summer Sunshine! Won't you join us? Come on...you know you want to!

All you have to do is create a card or project inspired by summer. For me summer is about sun, being outdoors, a nice cold drink, bright colours, long days, sand, sea shells, sardines, sangria.... With these things in mind, I made a birthday card.

The patterned papers are from Fancy Pants "Beach Babe" 6x6 pad.

The image is by MelJen and it's called Beach Umbrella. I coloured it with SN markers.

Simple embellishment with some red raffia.  I added a little flag with a birthday greeting.

I added this summery greeting also by MelJen called "Summer Fun", cut and layered with Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals die-cuts.  I did some stencilling with TH Antique Linen...probably not the best move as distress ink is water-based and will smudge the printer ink. 

To jazz up the inside I used another MelJen digi and this one's called "Summer Time Sandals" . I coloured it with SN markers.


Thank you for stopping by. Now it's your turn to create a summer-inspired project and show off over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Oooh, I can't wait to see what you come up with. 

Beijinhos!



22 comments:

  1. Such a fun, happy card! Love the beach scene but what makes it for me are the cute sandals inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Asha!! Love the fun dps to go with the darling image ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha, love all these Summer images and fab fish paper!! Hope your weekend is going well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great interpretation on summer.. I can just about remember the days when we used to have proper summers here. Certainly a feel good card hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha,

    Love this summer card, has such a summer feeling to it, makes me want to go to the beach and build a sandcastle, mind if I went now I would need my brolly.. yup it's doing its normal thing and raining!
    Crafty Hugs
    Kelly - Fellow Pinkie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "All about summer” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Creatalicious Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and cheerful card. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! Love all of the special touches like the stitching and the lined inside. Great coloring too! Thanks for joining the Challenge at Sunshine Mail Foundation This will definitely be appreciated by the child that gets it!

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card- what a super summer image and I love the flip flops on the inside of the card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exactly where I would like to be at the moment!! Love your card!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute! Lovely creation!
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant image and love the papers and sandals inside
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun scene and pretty colors :) Thanks for playing along with the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge at Whimsical Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, love it, LOVE it, Asha! What a delightful summery card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the papers! Thanks for sharing at Sunshine Mail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet creation! Love Meljen's stamps! Thanks so much for playing in my summertime challenge at my creative moments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card Miss Asha. Who wouldn't love to be on the beach in the summer. I know I would! Great summer card. ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is gorgeous!! It makes me want to go out and have some summer fun at the beach. Love everything about it!! Thank you for joining us over at Whimsical Design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card. So glad you could join our challenge at Sunshine Mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and paper choices, everything matches perfectly! TFS with us at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun summer card! The image with the crab on this beach is so cute, and I lke the paper with the fish!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...