Sunday, 16 June 2013

Christmas Card Club #11: Baubles

Hello fellow crafters! So glad you stopped by for a visit, 'cause I have a little Christmas card to show you. It's time for another Christmas Card Club challenge and this week our lovely hostess, Kerry has set an easy challenge for us: Baubles!

Seriously, does it come easier than that? I didn't think so. Off I went and made a card...something with a contemporary vintage look: vintage-y papers, contemporary colours, traditional elements. Very clever, I thought; that is until I realised I made a mistake. Quite a glaring one at that.  Can you spot it? I'll tell you at the end of the post! Here's the card:


The papers are by Kaiser Kraft - "Christmas Traditions Collection" 6x6 pad.

The tag is also from the Collection and it says "All I want for Christmas". I stamped  "Joy" from WMS Nutcracker Sweet set in Memento Elderberry. The focal bauble is from Chocolate Baroque's Pears and Baubles. I heat embossed it in gold and added some purple blong...err, I mean, bling!

To finish, some cream cotton lace and sheer lavender ribbon. I also added some Icicle Stickles on the tag...for extra festive shine. 

This sentiment is from WMS Say It Loud Winter, stamped in Memento Elderberry.




I'm taking my Bauble to the following challenges: Deconstructed Sketch #105 - sketch52 CCT June Theme -Christmas OrnamentsC.R.A.F.T. Challenge #211 "Christmas"Crafty Ribbons Challenge #48 "Anything Goes With Ribbon"Chocolate Coffee & Cards #41 "Bingo: Ribbon-Glitter-Tag"Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge "Christmas Ornaments"Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - June "Vintage Christmas"Winter Wonderland "Spots and Stripes"Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #20 "Merry Christmas - Ribbon, Heat Embossing, Rhinestones" and Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Challenge Extra - June "Anything Goes Christmas".














Have you spotted my mistake? I'll tell ya. Kerry's challenge: Baubles. I did mine in singular.... Apparently as I age, my "s" drops..... (!)

All that's left to do now is to thank you for visiting and I wish you a blessed Sunday!

Beijinhos!






30 comments:

  1. fabulous spots and stripes and a great creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did make me laugh, Asha ... I couldn't see a mistake ... lol! to find that you hadn't used baubles, plural - what are you like?! Your card is beautiful - ideal for Kerry's CCC challenge and also for my CHNC challenge extra for June - thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Christmas Card Asha, love your bauble and the colours.
    Thank you also for your lovely comments and im trying to follow you but think its my end but your follower button has disappeared. All i see is My Talented Crafting Buddies then its blank underneath. I will keep checking back as i having this happen on a lot of different blogs. Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Asha I made the same mistake then hunni 'cos there is only one bauble on my card too. This is fabulous, great colours.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha...what does it matter its a bauble and its stunning love your stitching all that work....no wonder its so beautiful....and thanks for the work on the blog its making life so much easier....your a treasure hugs Margaret xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Asha I think that singular is so gorgeous on it's own it didn't need 's'. It's a beautiful card and I love the different colours and bling! Zx Well done for organising us on the club list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha, back with my DT head on. Love this card hunni as I have already said and the stitching just makes it all the better. Thanks for joining in with our Anything goes with ribbon challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Asha - oooh this is such a beautiful stamp - absolutely gorgeous and brilliantly embossed in gold. I love your layout as well.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    PS Have just become your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card! I LOVE your color combo and the gold embossing, it is really beautiful! And your choices for our Bingo are super! Thanx for playing along with us at CC&CC. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous embossing on this beautiful card. I love the vintagey look of it!
    Of course the inside is beautiful too...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha this made giggle lmaooo beautiful card as always huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh this is so pretty - love the colours and the little bit of added lace! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that ornament is stunning!!! So elegant and I love the added touch of the little rhinestones. Gorgeous bow, too. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha, your Christmas card is gorgeous. Stunning design! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Christmas card. That bauble is lush.

    Fab colour combo,nice to do something apart from green and red isnt it.

    Thank you for joining us at CSAYL. Good luck.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I told you your age is creeping up on you! And there was I looking for a mistake thinking 'what is she talking about'. I doubt the 's' will matter here! I love the shiny bauble and one is perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the layout Asha. I thought you were having a rude moment talking about one ball! Oops, sorry - wash my mouth with soap. It's a gorgeous card and I love it. Love from Christine with the creaky knees. Lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, Christine. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get some soap!
      xxx

      Delete
  18. WOW. That gold embossing on top of the green! SO elegant! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous ornament! The soft, non-traditional Christmas colors of your background paper are lovely, too. Your card is all-around fabulous! I'm so glad you shared it in this week's challenge at 52{C}CT. I hope you'll join us again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card Asha, love your bauble....and I think you can be forgiven for just the one! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - What lovely work. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Asha, another wonderful card, love the layout and colours and the bauble is super.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A really pretty card, love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Asha, love the papers and Choc Baroque stamps are some of my absolute favourites. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week
    Claire (GDT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a gorgeous card Asha, that is one very classy bauble! I love the mix of the vintage and contemporary and the lovely colours!
    Thanks so much for sharing your fab card with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHOCOLATE,CARDS and COFFEE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your design- stunning ornament and a gorgeous bow! Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow this is stunning - thanks for joining hazels extra challenge this month and good luck x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...