Thursday, 6 June 2013

Best Wishes

Bike to bouquet.... I started the week with a manly motorbike and today I bring you a floral offering. It's not about versatility, folks. Necessity is the driving force behind this production. I needed this card for yesterday. Things have been pretty crazy around here and this birthday slipped through the cracks. Nothing a little extra postage for express delivery can't fix... sigh. Here it is:


The papers are from a 6x6 pad based on the work of Edith Holden, called "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady". I'm not entirely sure about this card. I made it half asleep...the ribbons look wonky, not thrilled about the colouring either. An off day. :-(

The focal image is the Morning Glory Digi Stamp by Sweet n Sassy. They are sponsoring this week's challenge over at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I coloured it with Promarkers. (flowers: Petrol Blue, Marine & Duck Egg ; leaves: Olive, Pear and Leaf) 

I'm keeping this card as flat as poss. No foam tapes, just 3 button and some bits of ribbon. 

I'm taking the ribbon banner idea to the inside. Now I have to come up with a suitable explanation for my near miss. Not sure if I have enough room for that... 

And for challenges, I have: Tuesday Morning Sketches 201 - sketchColour Q #192 - colours4 Crafty Chicks #145 "Flowers"I Love Promarkers #171 "All Stitched Up" and Word Art Wednesday #83 "Anything Goes";














I hope you've had a productive week so far. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow with a DT project for PolkaDoodles. See ya!

Beijinhos!


20 comments:

  1. Its a wonderful card and the ribbons look fine, because of the curve of the layers. Love the colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing our flowers challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful....Gorgeous image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Asha! You are too hard on yourself... I was admiring the lovely coloring before I read your comments! The stitching is perfect, and I love how you've decorated the inside too! Thanks so much for joining us again this week at TMS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely not an off day!! This is just beautiful!!! I love your colouring and stitching!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image and the patterned paper match so perfectly. THanks for sharing this awesome card in our challenge this week. It's a blessing to have you play along with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha, crazy here too lol...love your card it's awesome and the colours are like wow...take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Asha, you know the ribbons do look wonky but I thought that was the design to match the frame until I read it wasn't, so guess what, it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Asha! Some of the most wonderful designs are being created when time is sparse:) No matter how many cards I make during a month I always seem to be a card short for a special occasion - isn't that odd...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty flowers and fab stitching.

    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty...I love this image and your coloring is wonderful! I think your ribbons are fine....lovely card! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha, your flowers are colored so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautifully colored!! Thank you for sharing with us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible flowers, just adore the colors that you used for them. Thank you for sharing your flowers with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty Asha! Love the stitching! Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card, Asha! thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I WISH my off-days let me create cards like this! I happen to love it :) Awesome colouring, and the stitching is AMAZING! Now as to the near miss...I refer to that as 'shoemaker's children' syndrome, see. Then again, it happens often enough to my family & friends that I had to come up with SOMETHING! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. colouring looks fantastic to me and i agree with karen the ribbon looks fine because of the curve of the shapeand love the pretty paper
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card. Love the image, the layout and all those wonderful flowers! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...