Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Tuesday Throwdown #147 : Smell the Roses

Goood morning, every one! Are you ready to play? It's time for Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #147 and the theme is "Smell the Roses". Our sponsor this week is the Pink Cat Studio and what adorable digis they have.... well worth a peek. And here's what's cool about these digis - if you don't feel like colouring, there are pre-coloured versions that are positively stunning. Perfect for quick makes or lazy days.

Here's my DT offering for the latest Tuesday Throwdown challenge using Pink Cat Studio's "Butterfly on Flowers":


I made a simple friendship card. Could it be CAS? Hardly any embellies - just sheer ribbon and some twine - because I wanted that sweet image to take centre-stage.

The papers are from Polkadoodles "Fredericka Mini CD Collection" . I think the butterflies in background work beautifully with the digi.

Here's a closer look at the digi - just the right amount of whimsy without being goofy! I coloured  it with SN and Promarkers. For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Ovals and Lacey Ovals dies. 

 On the inside I used the pre-coloured version of the digi, resizing it to for the perfect corner design. 


I'm also taking my card to the challenges: Craft Dee Bowz May Challenge "Handmade Bow" ;  No Matter Which Challenge #9 "Things with Wings" ; Pink Gem Challenge #79 "Things With Wings" ; My Time To Craft Challenge #221 "Show Us The Inside" ; Pumpkin Spice Challenge #19 "Flowers" ; Dustin Pike Challenge "Card With Flowers" and Song Bird Challenge #20 "Bloom and Grow".

You've seen mine....now show me yours! I'm sure you'll create something fabby for this challenge. Just make sure you have flowers on your project: in the image, on the papers or even as added embellishments.  After all, we're playing "Smell the Roses" this week! And, don't forget to link up your project over at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping by and have a rosy day!

Beijinhos!





19 comments:

  1. Loving your card Asha! The little image on the inside finishes it off perfectly. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say it's a CAS and very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,loving the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping in Asha, a gorgeous card and many cards here I have missed, sorry, you know about the real life so no need to explain...keeping in touch..love annie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Asha, I love the soft colored dp to go with the iamae ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! I love the match of the in- and outside of the card.
    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovey card Asha and I like how you have married the inside to the front. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous creation Asha!! Love the soft colors and your stitching details on the inside!! Very lovely!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha, I love your color combo. Of course, since I love purples that wasn't too hard to figure out. :-D Magnificent coloring and I love that you duplicated the image on the inside of your card, too. Lovely papers and ribbon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a luscious card! Your color combinations are just lovely and the addition of that lovely bow just sets it off. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ May challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - love those papers from the CD and they were just perfect for that image! Love the inside too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty!! I feel like a split-personality crafter... I don't really care for purple, but I love it when I see it on someone else's card!! Your colouring is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors! Love the image in the corner on the inside. Thanks for sharing it with us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely, Asha! I really like this purple creation with blue accents. I like the touch of the blue colored twine on the top and bottom of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello my friend, guess what...I adore this colour scheme-give me a bit of purple anytime-and these digis are fab, love the touch of twine at the top x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Asha!! Love the soft colors and your bow is gorgeous!!
    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at AGOAC. Good Luck!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very classy card, Asha. Some of the images at Pink Cat are pre colored you said? Ooohhh my lazy ass is all over this LOL! Thanks for the link ;).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and pattern paper. Thank you for sharing and joining us at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...