Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Thanks Sew Much

It's Wednesday...and no, I haven't forgotten my MojoMonday. I'm just a little late posting my card. Sunday was the one-month anniversary of my little Snoop-dog's passing. How fast time flies! I still find her bits and bobs around the house. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry....more of the latter on Monday which is why I'm posting this card today. I made it for a friend who has been and still is a great help to me in dealing with my loss. Her hand-embroidery skills are beyond compare and a sewing theme seemed appropriate.


The papers are from Papermania's 6x6 pad called "Rose Garden". I used pale green CS for the card. A nod to spring. 

For embellies: washi tape, green ribbon, pink button and some twine.

The stamps came free with a magazine. It's been knocking about for awhile, unused...until now.  A touch here and there with SN markers for the sewing machine. For cutting and layering: Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval dies. I also added some pearls.

Loads of space inside for a message to a dear friend.


As expected, the sketch is from MojoMonday #293 and for inspiration: The Shabby Tea Room #166 "Sweet Springtime";  Whoopsidaisy Challenge "Pretty In Pink"Fashionista Challenge #15 "Vintage or Shabby"Crafting For All Seasons #52 "Think Pink"Word Art Wednesday #80 "Anything Goes - Uplifting Sentiment" and Perfect Sentiments Challenge #79 "Spring Thank You".

TSTR#166
Photo Inspiration




That's my Mojo card for this week. Thanks for stopping by. I hope the weather is nicer where you are. It does't feel like spring  ... the temp is dropping so don't put away your winter woolies just yet!

Beijinhos!







14 comments:

  1. Asha, this card is gorgeous! I love the stitching and soft colors. Your friend will love and appreciate this card. :) Loss in never easy and you are in my thoughts. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous...fabulous image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. "SEW" very beautiful, Asha. I just love this sweet design and thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card - fabulous design and love the washi tape!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Card is gorgeous, as always, and I particularly like your play on words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, reversing the cream and white is totally refreshing.
    Thank you for taking time out your day to post this beautiful project with us at Word Art Wednesday,
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha you card is sooo very beautiful! I love the soft colors and the cool sewing machine image. Im glad your friend is has been such a help to you and I know that she will be blessed by your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking something was up as I hadn't seen a Mojo Monday-hope you are feeling better now. Well I can hardly believe someone is better than you are stitching as the card demonstrates-such soft, gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha time does go so quick, I still think about my Polo every day so I know how you are feeling. The card is gorgeous love the images, colours and design a super card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card i love the backing paper. Thank you for joining us over at Whoopsy Daisy this week.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card. Great image and I love the stitching! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! Snoopi will approve ;). Take care sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...