Friday, 24 May 2013

Polka Doodles #21: Libby the Gypsy Girl.

Hello there my friends. It's Friday! Yay! As if that isn't good enough, we have an brand new Polka Doodles challenge starting today. The theme for Challenge #21 is "To Die For". All you have to do is use die cuts on your card. How easy is that?!

I made a quickie birthday card for this challenge, using a pre-coloured image of Libby the Gypsy from the Fredericka Mini CD Collection. To jazz it up I used Spellbinder dies to make a frame for Libby. If you want to make impressive cards with minimum effort - for those last-minute projects - this CD collection is the bees-knees. What's more, there are tons of pretty papers in the CD and they match perfectly with the digis. Also included are digi stamps of othe 6 pretty little ladies for you to colour.

Take a look at my easy peasy card:


My card base is black. The background paper is from the Fredericka Mini CD Collection.  And to frame Nikky's lovely little gypsy girl I used Spellbinders Resplendant Rectangles dies. I'm playing with black and purple for my project.  

Because the die-cuts are rather ornate, I'm keeping the rest of the card  simple by  just adding some bling, nothing else. And oh, some foam tape to give little Libby a lift.

Here's a close-up of the image. Beautifully coloured by Nikky Hall and perfect for when you need a card on the fly. 

Oh look! More die cut on the inside! I thought why not...it's the name of the game this week. The birthday sentiment is also from the Mini CD Collection.

I'm taking Libby to the following linky parties: Crafts And Me #134 "Lots of Layers"Paper Craft Star #146 "Beauty"Whimsy Stamps Monthly #59 "Anything Goes"L exi's Creations #90 "Black & White and one other colour" - purple and Digi Sketch "Cute".

Now it's your turn. Use a die or two or three in making your project. Then link it up over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Friday!

Beijinhos!




15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Asha, love the colours. You know, I always forget about the pre-coloured images LOL! Love those die cut layers. Have a fabulous weekend. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is my favourite colour so this is a winner with me Asha! Seriously though, it's a great card all round. Hope you are okay! Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-221.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG she is gorgeous! I love this CD and can't wait to order it. I adore your frames, inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love this, Asha! The purple is great (of course, I'd love that!) and those die cut frames are magnificent. What an incredible design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous card my dearest friend:)
    Adorable image and beautiful colors:))
    Happy Saturday and big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous die cut frames, color and cute image.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design. Digital crafting at it's best.

    Thank you for joining us with this gorgeous card.

    Lin xx
    Lexi's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely ... I love the image and it's beautifully done ... Thanks so much for playing at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a darling! You know I love all this purple and wow to all those die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those die cuts make a lovely frame for your image! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card, the dies are gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your dies and your colouring of that cute girl...thanks for playing with Digi Sketch Challenge!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...